Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deano18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 01:36 PM
    Can I sue WalMart?
    I walked into the store and bumped into this lady's arm. Her husband then shoved me and ended up fractionating my lumbar. Wal mart did nothing to help. I had to call the police and then not one employee stopped to help me.
    I had to go to the hospital and now can't walk
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 16, 2011, 01:40 PM
    If you walked into someone's arm, I don't see where this is WalMart's fault. I think you should take issue with the man who shoved you after bumping into his wife.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
    Sure you can sue Wal Mart. But the question is can you win. I agree with tickle that Wal Mart was not negligent and therefore not liable for what happened.

If you were shoved by another shopper and fell then no employee should have touched you since they could have made your injury worse. The only thing that Wal Mart should have done is call 911, but you may have done that before anyone could act.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2011, 02:19 PM
    Did you ask them for any aid, did you ask walmart to call 911.
    What exactly did Walmart not do that you needed or that would have changed this.

You ran into someone, then they responded by shoving you.
    So was the police called and was charges pressed against the person who shoved you ?

What happened so you could not walk.

Your law suit is against the person who shoved you, not Walmart
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2011, 10:12 AM
    If you have a fracture (which I am assuming you mean) of the lumbar region you have a fractured spine. You cannot walk? You have an ENORMOUS case and should be consulting with an Attorney. The case, of course, is against the person who shoved you, not WalMart. WalMart employees are instructed NOT to touch people who are injured due to WalMart's fault - that also, of course, carries over to people injured on their property when it is NOT WalMart's fault. If they had assisted you they would "probably" be sued for making your injury worse.

Retain a personal injury Attorney and do it now.

I'm a liability investigator - what State are you in?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If you have a fracture (which I am assuming you mean) of the lumbar region you have a fractured spine.
    Yes. "Lumbar" is an adjective, not a noun.

... The case, of course, is against the person who shoved you, not WalMart. ...
    Do you have the name and contact information for the person who assaulted you?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Yes. "Lumbar" is an adjective, not a noun.

Do you have the name and contact information for the person who assaulted you?

I should have been more specific but was not in view of the fractionated comment.

Thanks.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 17, 2011, 11:16 AM
    ... not in view of the fractionated comment.
    Yes, I saw that. The word almost "broke me up" laughing; but decisioned to let it slide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Walmart Please help me with this about walmart. [ 1 Answers ]

? Compensation and Social Good O Internal Consistency O Strategic vs. Tactical Decisions O Employees? Goals O Employers? Goals O Government?s Goals O Laws That Guide Discretionary Employee Benefits ? Retirement Plans & Health Insurance Plans

Can I sue walmart? [ 8 Answers ]

We took our car to walmart to get 2 new tires, one had a screw in it... 2 weeks later another flat tire on the same back passenger tire, same weird screw and in the same spot on tire. We feel as though it is in fact the same tire. When we reached out the lady said that she was watching the video...

Should I sue walmart for employee stealing my wallet? [ 16 Answers ]

A Walmart employee was caught stealing my wallet after helping me at photo center. Now I fear going to Walmart to shop with my children. What should I do?

Walmart w2 [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to get my w2 from walmart that is won't cost me anything

Walmart w2 [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I get a 2006 copy of a w2

View more questions Search