Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Oct 15, 2011, 03:35 PM
    What is wrong with me?
    Last year, I thought I found the right person; he was patient, caring, compassionate, nice and funny. He was strong and incredibly smart, we've been through a lot together - until I decided to break it off at some point (he had to relocate to another continent and I didn't want to, he refused to come live with me) and honestly, I did not regret my decision once. I did the right thing and avoided us more heartbreak, job search, apartment hunting, visas and the rest.

He respected my decision even though I know he was devastated, sent me an email or two saying he misses me and that we should "at least" remain friends and I never replied. Meanwhile I had a dating phase, but lately I felt like all my relationships were rebounds of previous ones, so I enjoy being single right now.

As I said, I didn't regret it at any moment... until now. Since 2-3 days, I wonder how he is doing. I don't want to call him or email him because I know he will get his hopes up, no matter what I say. Yet I hear his favorite songs everywhere, see the stuff he likes and end up Google'ing his work phone number just to stare at it. I do not love him (well, I hope I don't) but I don't understand what is going on here (and don't say it's because I'm alone, because I feel perfectly fine with the way things are at the moment.)

Am I too selfish? Is it because I don't want him to forget me, even though I can't/won't love him back? Why do we always want what we can't have? Is this human nature or is there something wrong with me?

Thank you for your help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 03:53 PM
    Nothings wrong with you. Sometimes romance doesn't last, or life gets in the way, and that sucks. Will for a while, but we recover, and try it again when we feel better.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Nah,

You just have to stick with your decision.

People come in & out of our lives. That's what's great about it. And terrible at times.
    Some last a lifetime, some just a short time.

You can have a fond place for him, just as long as you don't trip on it. Carry a torch.

No one wants someone they hold dear from their past to forget about them. But that's just human.
    There's more important things to be concerned with.

Like living in the moments. What makes you happy now. At this second.

"I felt like all my relationships were rebounds"

Well... Then take some time.
    Don't do that again.

Change your mindset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Am I wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: there is a true story! One of my best friends would like to get married in next year! Cause her boyfriend asked her to do that! Her boyfriend said get married first but not invite any one to attend their wedding and to see if they are suitable for each other or not for the rest of...

How can something so right be so wrong [ 1 Answers ]

I need help. Someone asked me who sings a particular song and all they know is part of the lyric. Its in the tip of my tongue but I can't put my finger on it! The lyric goes something like this... "how can something so right be so wrong". I am not even sure the lyric is exactly how it should...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search