Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    menz18 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Trying to write a thesis on school bullying.
    Trying to write a thesis on school bullying. I wanted to take the angle of how different bullying in schools is today compared to 20 years ago..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2011, 12:16 PM
    Twenty years ago it was in person or through the grapevine. Now it's on the Internet, anonymously.

Oct 15, 2011, 12:18 PM
    I know the different methods it's just not sure what I should write in my statement.

Oct 15, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Trying to write a thesis on school bullying.
    Trying to write a thesis on school bullying. I wanted to take the angle of how different bullying in schools is today compared to 20 years ago.. I know what the different methods are that are used it's the statement that I am having a problem with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 12:28 PM
    First tell me in a sentence or two how bullying is different from 20 years ago. I want to know what you're thinking.

Oct 15, 2011, 12:39 PM
    Back in the 80's kids that were being bullied knew who the bully was, but today bullies are able to use the Internet or cell phones to terrorize their victims.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Thus, bullies can be anonymous nowadays. Is that the point of your thesis statement, that it's easier to be a bully now?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 15, 2011, 12:52 PM
    Please don't hit 'unhelpful' so easily; that's not what it's meant for really. It's meant for totally wrong facts. Sorry you didn't know that, but it's not fair to the record of the responder.

It's good when writing a thesis to narrow the topic after giving a broad summary at the beginning. The internet/text/phone slant is a good one, and I would stay with that. It also goes across the spectrum of rich schools, poor schools, big schools and little schools. You could comment on that too. I live in a mostly middle class rural area where there isn't as much bullying as in large city schools, or poor areas, but computers do even that out somewhat.

As for how to actually write the sentences? You are on your own!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 01:19 PM
    I used your words and some of mine.

Students may become bullies to have power over other students. Back in the 1980s, students who were being bullied knew who the bully was, but today that has changed. Bullies are able to use modern technology in order to terrorize their victims, yet remain anonymous.

Now, you need a thesis sentence to wrap up these ideas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis statements for bullying in school? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outline that is due next week for class and I can't figure out a thesis statement for it, for Bullying in School? I know what a thesis statement is but when it comes to me writing one I get confused and don't know what to do.

Thesis statement on bullying? [ 3 Answers ]

Why do bullies bully?

I need to write a thesis statement on school violence [ 10 Answers ]

Here is what I came up with. What do you think? Each day our children go to school to learn, only to witness some form of school violence. School violence in the form of bullying, trash talking to dangerous weapons bing deplayed.

What is a good thesis statement for a school bullying paper? [ 0 Answers ]

I have the following statements, but do not know which one would make a better thesis statement. 1. Could school bullying be the cause of genetics? 2. School bullying is said to have a negative psychological effect on children, what causes this?

View more questions Search