Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Oct 15, 2011, 11:51 AM
    Need a good shampoo (preferably mint scented)
    I am in love with mint scented shampoos and I used to get a shampoo by St Ives a long time ago that has sense been discontinued. While shopping at a farmer's market/organic super market I was extremely happy to find a mint scented shampoo by Organix.

Huge mistake.

It took a few months, but my hair is wrecked and I have really long hair. It is thinning and breaking and I am finding it every where. I pull so much of it out when running my fingers through my hair.

Can anyone recommend a) a really good shampoo for someone with long hair, b) a really good organic shampoo for someone with long hair, or c) a really good mint scented organic shampoo for someone with long hair.

Please. Thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 15, 2011, 12:44 PM
    I just find it hard to believe that this is the cause of a shampoo, unless you aren't rinsing it out enough and it's clogging your follicles. It sounds more like you have developed a B vitamin deficiency.

But your call. I'm sorry I don't know of a mint shampoo (but I buy natural flavorings for baking, and you could add a few drops to any shampoo). I live Dove personally.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 01:09 PM
    I'm with Joy on this. It sounds like you have a B vitamin deficiency, not a shampoo problem.

As for mint-scented shampoos, have you checked with Bath and Body Works? I haven't smelled all their fragrances, but I betcha they have a mint fragrance somewhere in their huge collection, or at least a fragrance that would please you.
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Oct 15, 2011, 11:37 PM
    Thank you for the responses. It could be B vitamin deficiency. Ive been vegetarian for almost 10 years, maybe a change in diet needs to be made. I only assumed it was the shampoo because it started when I switched to it and because I found a lot of similar cases involving this particular shampoo. I am going to switch shampoos and I am also going to take some vitamins. It can't hurt to take some vitamins anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for a record or preferably a CD called Dolly Dance [ 0 Answers ]

The words are: I have a dolly just this high with golden hair and big brown eyes. She can sing and she can talk and this is the way my dolly walks. It is a song used in children dance classes such as a ballet class or children's movement class. It is an old song.

Looking for a good new addictive TV series preferably british [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I just wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good TV series to watch. I am a bit fussy. I don't watch/follow TV much but I like to buy DVD's. I tend to like British shows, Drama, also comedy. Things I have watched recently that I really liked were Breaking Bad, Secret Diary of...

Scholarships for masters degree in physical education preferably in USA [ 2 Answers ]

I am a physical education teacher in war-torn province of mindanao. I am very eager to pursue a masters degree abroad so that I can help in my own little way my community. Unfortunately I am financially incapable of pursuing my post graduate studies. I am not getting any younger anymore and I know...

Latin Translation - Preferably by a person. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a translation for the Edmund Burke 'quote' , "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." If that doesn't translate well, there are numerous variations that may work better. Edmund Burke - Wikiquote has many of the versions of the phrase. ...

Scented Dough [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Crafters, A long time ago I had this recipe for an aromatic dough made with spices like cinammon, ground cloves, etc. It was like a cookie dough that I would knead, open, cut out with cookie cutters and bake it. So then I could have these lovely scented shapes to hang everywhere. ...

View more questions Search