Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    progtick Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 06:50 PM
    I need historical USD to rupee exchnage rate - for 1977.
    I did find some websites that were able to give dollar to rupee conversion for 1977. However, often they did not agree with each other. None of these are .gov websites. If you know a reliable website that is able to look up 1970's exchange rate for me, please let me know.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 27, 2011, 08:44 AM
    Wow, that is OVER 30 years ago.

Your best bet is to email one of the websites and ask them to email you the information.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 27, 2011, 11:03 AM
    progtick: I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question: why do you need exchange rate information from 1977? Since this is a tax forum I'm wondering if your inquiry has to do with reporting a capital gain on Indian property? If so, you do not need to know the exchange rate that was in effect when the property was purchased - only what the gain was when the property was sold. If both buying and selling were done in rupees, your gain is the difference (in rupees) and you report the gain on your US taxes using the exchange rate in effect when you sold the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If real rate is 3% and inflation rate is 4.7% what rate would a treasury bill pay [ 2 Answers ]

Financial accounting help. If the real rate is 3% and inflation rate is 4.7% what rate would a treasury bill pay?

Please let me know that 1USD is equal to how much indian rupee. [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know that 1USD is equal to how much indian rupee

The top ten historical figures likely to be found in Historical Novels [ 5 Answers ]

What ten historical figures are most likely going to be the ones come across while reading historical novels?

View more questions Search