Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaytem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Will my credit card account affect my wife if I default?
    My wife has 4 credit cards in her name and all is good with her credit.
    I have 3 in my name only and will be defaulting as income has disappeared and we now live from her earnings. If I default on my cards will it come back on here and our checking and saving acct? We live in Texas.
    All of her cards are BOA And citibank... mine are discover, chase and BOA
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2011, 06:45 AM
    If there is a judgment ordered against you, your creditors can attach any accounts you are listed on, including ones you share with your wife.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get credit card company to remove husband's ex-wife from account, what do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been divorced for over four years. However, he neglected to have his ex-wife removed as a joint account holder from his primary credit card. We have submitted paperwork to have her removed from the account, but the request was declined. The credit card company indicated that my...

How does closing a 25 year old credit card account affect your credit? [ 5 Answers ]

I tried to close a credit card account that I don't use any more and their "trained" customer service person told me it was a bad move to remove a 25 year old account from my credit rating. I didn't think that the good information concerning this account would be removed from the report but he...

Credit card default [ 1 Answers ]

I have been contacted by a law firm/collection agency which states I owe a credit card company 26K for unpaid credit card payments. The person who committed fraud against me for this amount has moved to another state, although he did sign a Letter of Financial Responsibility from the credit card...

View more questions Search