Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    warnockdavid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Bios reporting CPU info incorrectly
    I have installed a Biostar M7NCD motheboard with an Athlon XP-M 3000+ CPU. To load Window XP I had to set to FSB at 133 and memory at auto and got windows to install.

Unfortunately the CPU is reported as an "Athlon XP mobile 800MHZ". Obviously this is incorrect for a 2.2 GHZ processor.

Can anyone please help suggesting some FSB and Memory settings that would more correct.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 9, 2007, 03:13 PM
    This motherboard may not be compatible with mobile Athlons.

Also, powerNOW may be enabled, since mobile Athlons are designed to vary in CPU speed for conserving battery power.

Try this link for drivers that may help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

Accrual reporting [ 1 Answers ]

Alpha retailers accrues sales returns for reporting to shareholders. Over 2001, its balance of Reserve for returns decreased by $10,000. The IRS allows a deduction only for actual returns. There are no other differences between tax and income reporting. The tax rate is 30%. In 2001 these facts will...

Incorrectly placed slab rough-in plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full bathroom rough-in on a slab in an unfinished area of my house. Unfortunately, I have a concern that the waste pipe for the tub has been misplaced. As the pipes stick directly out of the concrete, This may cause quite an issue for me. I have attached a drawing of my rough-in showing...

Credit reporting [ 3 Answers ]

When someone is offered a settlement or you are negociating (sp) with a creditor or collection agency. Some say to try to get the creditor to put PAID IN FULL OR NEVER LATE OR no deal. How do you really know that they will abide by what they are saying, I know they can't be trusted. Do you wait...

View more questions Search