Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JAN_QUAIL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 12:56 PM
    I get a strong fish odor when my husband and I have sex. I am 64.
    I sometimes smell a fish odor when my husband and I have sex. It's very strong. We get turned off. This worries me. I have taken several douches, but no help. Please can anyone answer my question? Quick!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 14, 2011, 01:41 PM
    No douches, that destroys the natural Ph in your vagina. We females have a natural protection to bacteria. STOP DOUCHING. Douching, Jan, is an old fashioned misconception. Douching destroys the natural source we have to destroy bacteria, so if you are douching you are destroying this natural source. You smell an odor because there is bacteria developing, or has developed.

I advise to stop douching and go see your medical professional to get everything back to normal.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 14, 2011, 03:39 PM
    As Tickle said, stop douching, it's actually dangerous and may be assisting with your current problem.

It sounds as though you may have a condition called Bacterial Vaginosis. The main symptom of BV is a fishy odor after intercourse. Only your doctor will be able to diagnose and treat this.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
    This is so funny again, two experts advise fhe same thing. One being an RN, and I still get a negative. What the heck do these people want in the way of answers anyway!!

Again YOU CANNOT DOUCHE WITH ANYTHING! IT DOES NOT WORK TO CURE THE PROBLEM! ONLY MAKES IT WORSE!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New A/C has strong odor [ 11 Answers ]

I have the Dirty Sock Syndrome with a brand new A/C unit. Live in Florida. Go from heat to a/c and the smell is unbearable. First thought is it smells like stinky feet, dirty socks, wet dog. But as you smell it, it smells like some wet metals I have smelled. Some costume jewelry that has gotten...

Strong odor coming from heating vent - after duct replacement for previous odor. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a strong odor coming from one of my heating vents. This occurred for the first time (in the 5 years I've lived here) last year (in mid-February, as opposed to late January - coincidental?). At that time, I had a heating duct replaced. The old duct was wet inside, and the HVAC tech said...

Strong odor [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed in the last few days that there has been a thin but clumpy discharge coming from my vagina and it has a strong foul odor. I have had intercourse but it was both our first times doing it. We have no had sex either. I have also used summer eve's wipes to try and block the smell but it...

Why would a strong odor of fish be present in a home [ 1 Answers ]

Periodadically a strong odor of fish is in my home and last for less than a minute,what would or could cause this to happen?

View more questions Search