Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shrtbus Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Man Boobs
    Im 19, 6ft tall, and weigh a 150lbs, why do I have man boobs? Is it a medical condition or do I just need to get my lazy butt to the gym?
    My nipples are the size of dinner plates, well actually quarter sized and kind of puffy. Its embarrassing to be seen with out a shirt on. Is something wrong with me, or do I just need to work out?
    lawnmower Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Hey man I'm 17 6' 1" and 155. I workout and play a lot of sports and my nipples have always been small but I act as a coach to some people I work with at the gym. I have noticed that when people workout their chest fills out and makes their nipples look a lot more proportional. I also know from health classes that what you described as them being puffy is normal for males any where from 15-22 (about that range). My suggestion is do a few chest exercises which will help some and if its just one of those things that will go away on its own then look what you'll have when it goes away. No puffy nipples and a sweet chest

Feb 5, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Thanks a lot for the adivice Lawnmower!:D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 05:22 AM
    This could be a condition called gynocomastia or in laymen's terms "man boobs."

While exercise may benefit you, it is not considered a cure all for everyone with gynocomastia. If you are that concerned a visit to a doctor may help. A doctor can properly diagnose this and recommend specific exercises that may help your personal situation.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Hey, Phil Mickelson does quite well for himself and he seems to have the same affliction.

Feb 6, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Im going to do some research, I don't think I need any kind of a surgery though. Surgery seems a little extreme. I think working my chest muscles, and maybe changing my diet would help. Thanks guys for all your help! Phil Mickelson has done well for himself, there is hope for me after all.
    kraven91 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 10:37 AM
    shrtbus believe it or not I had the same problem when I was younger.. when I was about the age of 18 I would be going through 6-8 cans of soda a day and drastically over the course of a year or two I started getting boobs.. it was very embarrassing. I was always in good shape and was an allstar at sports. I got to the gym for the past 3 years and they are rock hard as steel.. however the size is still there. That's the best advise I can give to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boobs [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 12 and I'm a 34 C and they say that your boobs are fully developed and I've had them since about 3rd grd and they have grown 2 cups since I got them in 3rd grd and now, I'm a C and I don't look like it at all I look like a B and it really weird and I don't like Wire bras or even padded ones I...

Which is best,/boobs [ 5 Answers ]

What catches guyz eyes,is it ass/boobs 8)

Boobs [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all I'm not sure where exactly to put this post but I figured it is part of weight loss but I'm puttin a copy here too so here we go. I'm 20 and my boobs are size 16 e and there tooo big I hate it and I got some problem with my hands where I get lots of pain in them my hand specialest...

Boobs and weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

Ive recently had dental problems and have not been able to exercise I've always been fit but fat Uk 14-16 (voluptuous I guess:) I've put on half a stone and put it on all over but particularly my breasts. My partner thinks its fabulous I am now a 36 FF Uk. My bust feel firm and full and this is...

Large boobs [ 11 Answers ]

Hey all I'm not sure where exactly to put this post but I figured it is part of weight loss so here we go. I'm 20 and my boobs are size 16 e and there tooo big I hate it and I got some problem with my hands where I get lots of pain in them my hand specialest recommend to get a breast reductions...

View more questions Search