Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kavyaraju Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 09:12 AM
    I want to lose weight.
    I have a thyroid from past 1 year... I become fat day by day... sometimes I feel tired also, my hair is also falling daily... for all these I need solutions...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 14, 2011, 10:27 AM
    What medication do you take? Are you being seen by a good endocrinologist?
    It's difficult to lose weight when on thyroid medication so a healthy diet is most important. There's just no room for junk food or empty calories like most breads and pastries and desserts and chips.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2011, 11:09 AM
    I think you need to go back to your Doctor, tell him of all these problems that you are having.

It may be that he can change your medication to something that will suit you better,which might also stop you from gaining any more weight.

You could also ask him for a diet sheet or maybe he can refer you to a dietician who will help with the weight problem.

You say you are very tired and that your hair is falling out,tell your Doctor this,it maybe that you are also suffering a deficiency somewhere.He probably will take a blood sample to confirm if this is the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I need to lose weight. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14yrs old. I am 5"6. I weight 140lbs. I weight so much! :'( It isn't fair! I see this amazingn pretty girls and I want to lose weight.. How do you recommend losing weight? I'm fat. Ive tried starving myself.. I can't really tolorate that though.. Please help :(

How much weight should I lose? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 13 year old girl teen and my weight is 150. My height is 5.4. I self-conscious about my body and I need to know if I need to lose weight if so, how much, and how to do so.

Weight lose [ 0 Answers ]

I am a little over weight, I am 5'4 and about 155 pounds. I have successfully lost 5 pounds, out of the 30 I wanted to loose (and kept them off for 3 weeks now). I can't loose anymore (Going by measurements not pounds), I go to the gym for at least 1 hour a day (Cardio and weights), walk my dogs...

I am 12 and I want to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 12 140lbs how do I loose wieght am I over wieght? Am I obese?

View more questions Search