Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnthnry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Feeling Depressed
    I've recently started feeling depressed. This seems to happen to me annually, but it also seems to worsen each time it happens. I'm not sure why it happens, I guess it's a mixture between the onset of school and winter.

I've recently seen one or two girls I'd like to at least introduce myself to, but I just feel empty and seem to think why bother? Occasionally I might be able to have a decent conversation with one of my friends, but typically I just feel aloof and can only just stand there awkwardly.

In general I've been trying to understand how most people can tolerate their own lives. Most accomplish nothing, leave no mark on society, and merely made their existence a bit more tolerable until their own death. I dare say most all discoveries have been or soon will be made. The most I could possibly imagine myself accomplishing is some obscure recollection in a subordinate field of study that could very well have no impact upon anyone.

I don't want my general mood to mess with my life. I just want to feel happy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 13, 2011, 02:43 PM
    I'm glad you've come to this site to ask your question.

First of all, I'm amazed that someone used the word "aloof" and spelled "existence" correctly! You're a very good writer, by the way.

Are you in high school or college? Have you talked with a guidance counselor or your advisor about these feelings?
    oldhat Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Oct 13, 2011, 02:54 PM
    The comment above by Wondergirl reminds me that some of the best writers throughout history suffered bouts of melancholy and a search for a deeper meaning to life. I think "jnthnry" could very well be a budding artist! A deep thinker who is quite articulate and creative! I think they might find it very cathartic to lose themselves in some creative endeavor, such as writing a novel. Take that mood and use it to your advantage I say! You may actually surprise yourself with the outcome.. and best wishes--my guess is, you have your whole life ahead of you, and things always have a way of changing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been feeling so depressed [ 3 Answers ]

I've been getting very emotional lately and I keep crying... ive even started to cry on nights ut and had to leave the pub and leave my friends behind. I don't feel like my friends are there for me as they often tend to change the subject if I bring it up so now I just don't talk about it. I've had...

I'm feeling depressed [ 8 Answers ]

I've been molested and raped all my life by strangers, neighbors, friends and family. People I thought I could trust, people I thought I could count on. I can't take much more of it. Now I don't like being around people. I don't like going out on dates or with friends. I don't like going to work or...

Feeling depressed [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that I've been dealing with for about 2-3 years. I am always worrying about things from the past and future and I have trouble enjoying things. Sometimes I just feel like getting away from everything and just keep thinking about everything. I tend to replay events over and over...

Feeling depressed [ 12 Answers ]

I've been feeling really sad today, and its not as if something bad has happened to me, I just feel depressed, and I hadn't noticed it. I was just living my life the way I do everyday, and then I realised I felt something, couldn't explain at the moment, but it grew more and more, until I really...

Feeling Depressed [ 48 Answers ]

Hey, thank you all for reading my posts. I am in need of some serious advice to get me out of my rut. Sometimes I do not even want to get out of bed, but I find myself learning to cope with it a little easier. Anyway, her and I were together for 3 years. We were having problems this last...

View more questions Search