Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2011, 02:16 PM
    [Facebook] How do I replace a shower drain?
    This shower has a master bath on the same wall with this shower, it look as if the bathtub drain join the shower drain, can not tell how to replace a shower drain pipe in a concrete floor, it is about 3' down to the tape, someone poured something that has harden and can not be snaked out.

NOTE: Answers to this question will be posted as "AskMeHelpDesk" on our Facebook page - NOT your username, unless you wish to answer with your own FB profile, in which case, go to the AMHD Facebook Page and answer using commenting.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 13, 2011, 02:50 PM
    I don't "Facebook" so you may post my user name if you wish. This is a typical bathroom drainage set up, (see image) Ordinarily the solution would be to jack hammer up the slab and replace the drain line. But I recommend this only after I've tried everything else. Since you don't know what's down there or how much there is why not rent a Ridged K-30 (3/8ths" cable and put a cutter tip, (see image) on it and attempt to grind your way through the blockage? It's worth a trey and a lot cheaper then tearing up the slab, Good luck, Tom

Cliff, You may present this any way you choose. If you have more, bring them on and we'll answer as best we can. Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace a shower drain [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: how do I replace a shower drain?

Trying to replace shower drain cover [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shower with tile walls and a plastic floor and a drain in the center. I have never been able to fit the plastic drain cover onto the rest of the drain. The drain itself has a black rubber cylinder lining it on the inside that is about 1/2 inches thick all around, leaving about 2"...

How do I replace shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove existing drain, how is this done?

Replace shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove my existing shower drain?

Need to replace shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower stall over 30 years old and it appears that water is going between the black plastic shower drain and the floor of the stall then dripping down the outside of a 4 inch plastic drain pipe underneath the shower. The 4 inch pvc drain fits right up to the bottom of the...

View more questions Search