Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mintman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Takeover price is higher than current trading price?
    Hello,

I am wondering why some stocks continue to trade at a lower price even when there has been a takeover announced at a premium. Two examples are:

Realm Energy (tsx:rlm)

http://stocks.us.reuters.com/stocks/keyDevelopments.asp?rpc=66&symbol=RLM.V&timestamp= 20110826084800

And MagIndustries Corp (tsx:maa)

http://www.reuters.com/stocks/keyDevelopments.asp?rpc=66&symbol=MAA.TO&timestamp =20110729135800

Thanks,
    Jon

Check out some similar questions!

Current Price of Stock [ 1 Answers ]

Did I answer this question correctly: The average firm in your company's industry grows at a constant rate of 6% and the dividend yield is 7%. Your company is about as risky as the average firm in the industry, however, due to recent innovations, earnings and dividends for the next two years,...

What is the current price of a bound [ 2 Answers ]

what is the current price of a bond with $1000 par value with 5 years to maturity and 6% cupon yield to maturity of 8% and interested paid semiannually?

Current price per share? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you calculate the current price per share of a stock? I know the earnings per share, the annual dividend, and the current yield.

Current price of bonds [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to askmehelpdesk.com. I am currently pursuing my MBA and I am in my first Accounting class. I take the program online with University of Phoenix. I have a professor that has been non-existent in this class. Myself and many students have problem sets we have to complete and...

Landlord trying to re-rent at higher price [ 8 Answers ]

We are currently trying to get out of our lease in WA. Our landlord told us that she will try to re-rent it but till then we are fully liable. I am fine with that but the landlord now tries to re-rent the unit for a lot more than we pay. We rented it 4 months ago for $1300 and she now...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.