Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jocelyntarana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 02:23 PM
    7 years on credit report starts when?
    When does the 7 year rule begin in terms of clearing the report of those issues? I have a few that are dated 09/00- do I have to wait until Sept. 07 to get them off, or because it IS 07, can I get them off now? Also, does the 7 years start when it was first reported, or when the act happened- say.. a repossetion... lastly the best way to remove tax liens that have been satisfied, but are STILL on my report.
    symone91 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 01:02 PM
    The 7 years begins from the last activity date on your credit report. I also had paid items on my credit report that were going to come off in a couple of months, but I told the credit bureaus that the accounts had been inactive for 7 years and they took them off. It wasn't quite 7 years, but it was close. What harm can it do to at least try to get them to remove it early?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit report help [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I was listed as an authorized user on a family member's credit card. This account has turned into a collection account and I found out that it has affected my credit report negatively. I want to get the fact straight before I decide whether I want to...

Credit Report [ 4 Answers ]

When I went to refinance out of my ARM the mortgage firm I delt with said that I had some things on my credit report that shouldn't be there.. What steps do I take to rid this problem?

Credit Report [ 2 Answers ]

If you purchase a vehicle at a buy here pay here lot and they don't view your credit to get this vehicle can they report a repossession on your credit report years after the vehicle was taken back?

View more questions Search