Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    want.this.over Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 09:01 AM
    How do I put a lien on a house in Ontario?
    I have an order from the Courts stating my ex-husband is to sell the matrominal home, court order dated January 2011. I have made several repeated attempts to settle this issue with him with no result. He is beyond unco-operative in the fact he won't put the house on the market and is refusing any kind of reasonable settlement. Can I put a lien on the matrimonial home?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2011, 09:29 AM
    The house already has a mortgage, and he has been ordered by the court to put it up for sale. Is there a time limit, or has he gone passed the time this was to be done? No, you can't put a lien on the house to get your money, but you can contact your lawyer to let the court know the order has not been carried out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on house ontario canada [ 2 Answers ]

We have just got a judgement for overpayment of child support in Ontario Canada. We would like to put a lien on the person's house, which we know is titled in their name. I've heard that the lien becomes due on renewing of mortgage or selling of property and that also the lien is only valid for...

What to do if a lien is put on my house [ 15 Answers ]

I didn't pay my credit cards three years ago to Capital One Bank because of my hardship, I got disable and divorce from my wife, to save my house I had to stop paying the credit card, I received a Notice of Involuntary Lien on my house from the county of los angeles, Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk...

Can a lien be put on a house in Arizona [ 5 Answers ]

Had a boat repo and still owe some money.

Lien on house in ontario [ 1 Answers ]

How to place lien on house in ontario

How do I put a lien on a house? [ 3 Answers ]

We were purchasing a house from a friend, on a verbal land contract, we have 2 signed & notarized affidavits stating that they witnessed the agreement that took place between us. This friend quit paying the mortgage company, and it is presently in foreclosure. She has also filed bankruptcy against...

View more questions Search