Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ionela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 07:26 AM
    Cleaning needed contract?
    Hi, we just start a cleaning business in northampton, including carpet cleaning, we have a name,a registred company ltd, business cards, professional carpet cleaning macine and products,we already did some door to door business card handing out but we had no success, don't know how can we get contracts on houses, or offices, anything, from weekly cleaning, spring cleaning, carpet cleaning. Any help will be apreciated.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 04:33 PM
    Residential cleaning is somewhat different than commercial.

Word of mouth from friends and present customers is very important and most of your business will probably come from this.

You need to make a simple brochure that you can leave on their front door handle.

Also I would join any and all local social and business groups groups; Chamber of Commerce, networking groups, ads in local newspapers, etc.

But talk to everyone. Even if they are not interested they may know someone who is, offer them a finder's fee if it turns out to be a job. The larger the job the larger the fee.

I wish you well, I have been in the commercial cleaning business for almost twenty years. My wife started a residential cleaning company from scratch sold it for a nice profit 4 years later, she had over 50 houses and over 25 workers.

Persistence is the key, never quit.

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Depending on what is allowed in your area.

While we market a different type of business,
    We put flyers on car windows in major shopping areas.
    We go and put up a tent and table in every community event possible, safety weekends, farmers markets, you name it and we are there.

Call on apartment complexes for contracts with them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get cleaning contract? [ 10 Answers ]

I have already registered a company for cleaning of commercial and household. Basically is a general services company, I know that I would need a good commercial or household cleaning contract to start up the company? But I don't really know how to do it? Can you guide me on this? Thanks

Bidding new construction cleaning jobs. Is a contract needed? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. We have a cleaning business that does homes and apartments and would like to branch out to new construction cleaning and perhaps small commercial buildings of one or two floors. I'd like to know if anyone has any advice on bidding these jobs (per square foot?) and if a contract is needed. ...

How can I get a cleaning contract [ 4 Answers ]

Im trying to start a cleaning business how can I get cleaning conracts?

Contract for cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

How do I write out a contract for a cleaning buisiness?

Cleaning Contract [ 3 Answers ]

How do i get office cleaning contract

View more questions Search