Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady_blue11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Kirkland sig whrilpool dryer not heating!
    Well I cleaned it out, its not dirty anyway since I clean the lint after everywash & the lint box on the floor as well, I turn it on, it spins it sounds, it stops on time, but will not heat, it just tumbles my clothes in cold air. Any suggestions? Is the pilot off? (was my first question) is so how can I turn it back on? It has a small hole on the bottom of the door in the left bottom corner, I never really noticed it before, but aren't I supposed to see a light? ABSOLUTELY NEW TO THIS, BEEN MARRIED FOR 1 YEAR!! Need to fix dryer! Please help.:confused: :confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Gas dryers do not use pilot lights. A ignitor glows red hot from electrical power and then ignites the fuel. Kirkland? Do you mean you bought a Kirkland dryer from the Costco store, that's their brand name. If you did buy from Costco just take it back. They have a 100% satisfaction garrantee on everything they sell. They gave me $2000 cash for a 1 year old 42 " Plasma TV just because I could not program the remote.
    lady_blue11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Thanks a lot for replying! ;) well I opened it up & cleanded all of it, but still I see no light, I do have that brand but I did not buy it, my mother in law gave it to me, & I think it's a '99, if the light should ignite automatically, why doesn't it? :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer Not Heating [ 31 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old Kenmore electric dryer that recently stopped heating. Everything else seems to be working fine. The drum works and there is plenty of air flow. I checking the different thermostats and heater element with a ohm meter and they all seemed to have activity except for the...

Whirlpool Kirkland Signature Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I Have a Whirlpool kirkland signature dryer. It won't start. I set the dial on timer, open the door and push the door sensor and can hear the timer ticking. Reading the post it seems it could be the thermal fuse of the fuse to the door switch. Where are the panels located to open up the unit...

Dryer not heating [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Kemmore dryer that has stopped heating. The dryer tumbles and all apears to be good except no heat. I have checked the following: Thermal cutout - 0 ohms - Good Exhaust Thermostat - 0 ohms - good Heater thermostat - 0 ohms - good Heating element - 0 ohms - good Wiring - all good...

My Whirlpool Dryer is over heating [ 1 Answers ]

It has a weird smell where the heat blows into the dryer It is getting extremely hot I have replaced the thermostat and 2 other thing but it still is over heating what could be the problem.:(

View more questions Search