Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abpurdy16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 09:33 PM
    When I stretch my back my legs go numb. Should I be concerned?
    http://lowerstomachexercises.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/seal-stomach-stretching.jpg
    When I do this stretch my legs go numb after maybe 15-20 seconds. Should I be worried? This just started happening, I always do this stretch.
    ThankYouBelarus Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Dec 17, 2011, 12:14 PM
    Well, first of all, are you breathing? Make sure you aren't holding your breath during stretches. It is strange thought that this has just started happening. Have you had any injuries or accidents recently?

That specific stretch collapses the lower back and may be causing circulation problems. As a substitute try cobra pose.

http://www.bikram-yoga-noosa-australia.com/Bhujangasana-photo1.htm

Cobra pose is sometimes extended into the stretch that you are doing, but at a lower level it is more of a baby-backbend. When stretching don't tense your arms, shoulders, or neck. That can also restrict the blood flow.

If the problem persists, talk to a doctor. Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Legs Go Numb To Easily, Why? [ 1 Answers ]

The problem seems to be when ever I sit on a hard surface or bend over, my feet and legs fall asleep. I know that usually means I'm cutting off circulation in my legs, but how is that possible if I'm only bent over for a few min and my knees are bent as well. I am only 23 years old so I know it...

Legs go numb when I stretch [ 4 Answers ]

So I've been wanting to get a little bit more flexible but I just realized when I tried to stretch that I think there might be something wrong with me. My boyfriend and I decided to try and stretch every night do to the fact that one night I couldn't sleep because my hamstring was hurting so bad...

Horrible Back Pain but Numb to the Touch [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I had Scoliosis surgery 6 years ago and have two steel rods in my spine from T2-L4. I am experiencing horrible pain that I can feel on the inside but to the touch, it's completely numb. I wonder if it is inflamed scar tissue or what else it could be. It comes back from time to time--probably...

Excruciating Pain in Back but Numb to the Touch [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I had Scoliosis surgery 6 years ago and have two steel rods in my spine from T2-L4. I am experiencing horrible pain that I can feel on the inside but to the touch, it's completely numb. I wonder if it is inflamed scar tissue or what else it could be. It comes back from time to time--probably...

Lump on penis, Bleeding when going to the restroom and numb legs. [ 4 Answers ]

OK, about 3 months ago I woke up and my penis had a lump on it, a big lump on the tip. I couldn't touch it because it would hurt a lot. I couldn't have sex or anything. I told my girlfriend about it and she suggested we go to the doctor but I didn't want to. I came down with a fever and about a...

View more questions Search