Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    electricgoof Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 08:32 PM
    Thhn/thwn?
    I have my cable from my satellite dish enclosed in 1 1/2" pvc under my sidewalk. Now I would like to install 3 post lights along the same sidewalk and would like to run the electrical wire in the same pvc. Is there an electrical wire that won't disrupt or interfere with my satellite cable signal? Maybe some type of shielded wire.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2011, 02:24 AM
    No, cannot mix power with communications wiring in the same raceway.
    afscme Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Oct 13, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Code generally does not allow CATV cable and electric light/power conductors in the same raceway. There are exceptions, but with your current setup, it cannot be done.
    electricgoof Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 04:31 PM
    Thanks Guys,

I'm glad I asked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is THHN and THWN wire rated for cable tray use? If not what wire should be used? [ 6 Answers ]

Is THHN and THWN wire rated for cable tray use? If not what wire should be used in cable tray in utility chase for apartment building?

Best for underground conduit. Thw vs thwn wire? [ 6 Answers ]

I am putting in about a 60' pvc conduit underground. It is a very wet location. I was going to use the wire with the thick insulation. The sales people at the hardware stores wanted to sell me thwn. They said it was better. They did not have the the. I understand the thwn has a jacket coating...

# of thhn through pvc [ 1 Answers ]

How many # 8 can you pull through 3/4 and how many # 6 in a 1''

Thhn/Thwn Wire [ 3 Answers ]

What's the difference in THHN/THWN besides the W for wet locations. Are these one in the same wire? I see it advertised as such. Sometimes with and with out the THWN part. Just really curious about this M

View more questions Search