Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2011, 07:39 PM
    Wearing the Hijab
    I have studied Islam for years. And said my Shahada last year (august 15th to be exact. Not that I am counting! :D )
    So anyway... even with the love and support of my sisters, and encouragement from my Imam, I have yet to get the courage, to wear my Hijab. I am ashamed to admit this, it frightens me. My family is violently prejudice against Muslims, they do not even know I am Muslim. I have seen women in this city be physically attacked because of assumptions, fear, judgement, and ignorance.

I fight myself every day. I pray.

I am at a loss... but most importantly, is my fear of what Allah (SWT) may think of me for this.

My few sisters here that I know, tell me that he is understanding, and merciful, and allows me the time to adjust to my new life (it took me several months to learn to preform Wudu properly!)

But texts that I have read and studied, indicate otherwise. And this has got me very upset.

Normally I would simply seek our Imam. But it is far, and my car is broken :(

Can anyone shed light on this? Actual hadith?

Thank you

Ma'salaam

Check out some similar questions!

Hijab is not a choice [ 3 Answers ]

Muslims argue that hijab is a choice.how could it be a choice when you are forced to wear it? It is only a choice if you want to. And if you feel like you will be more modest when wearing it ? Is there truly a punishement for not wearing it?did allah command us to wear it ?

What does islam tell us about hijab [ 1 Answers ]

What does islam tell about a cruel father who does not provide his children their basic needs though he has a huge amount of bank balance.

Hijab [ 2 Answers ]

Assalamu alaykum, If a muslim woman does not wear hijab,will her prayer (salat , sawm, zakat.. etc) be accepted by allah? I want to know about it. I have heard from a person that her "ibadat" will not be accepted. I did not believe him. But is it ? I want to know the truth. Thanks.

Importance of hijab [ 1 Answers ]

Sir asalamualaikum,with due respect,can u explain if any person is mentally convinced to do purdah n physically don't have courage to do so what should one do.can u please guide me.

Hijab Part IV: Combat Hijab. [ 7 Answers ]

I settled on a highly advanced hijab that can assume the color of any environment or outer clothing. Example: A young woman dons a leather jacket, chaps, black leather gloves, knee-high boots ,and a motorcycle helmet with a visor. She has dressed in protective gear for a motorcycle ride. The hijab...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.