Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adilariaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Marriage consent from parents
    Asalamualaykum
    I am a pakistani muslim 21 years old. I want to marry a Kurdish (iraqi) muslim. However my parents are not agreeing and giving consent to our marriage. They have told me to choose either them or my future husband. I have chosen him because I know I will never lead a happy life without him. They will also force me to marry my first cousin who I see as a brother. As they are not giving their consent and never will I was wondering, if I do a islamic nikkah with him would it still be haram as my parents or any of my family members do not agree? Is it compulsory to have my parents permission? The problem is they will never agree so what can I do to avoid living a haram life? Can I still have a nikkah without my parents consent? Please reply
    Jazakhallah

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage valid without consent of parents? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a muslim alhamulellah and I have a question regarding marriage. I like a girl and I want to marry her but my parents do not agree with our marriage so without the agreement of parents will it a valid marriage according to the law of Islam. Wasalam

Moving w/o non-custodial parents consent? [ 1 Answers ]

Currently the father of my child & I have no custody arrangement. He is on the birth certificate and has signed paternity papers. He see's our daughter once or twice a week, but only because I need him to watch her while I work. Half the time he sleeps and his mother watches her. I want, so badly,...

17+22 yr old marriage with parental consent if gets divorced do parents regain contr [ 2 Answers ]

17 and 22 yr old married due to ultimatum of 17 yr old parents. She wants divorce and to leave home to escape parental control. At age 18 after divorce can they force her to live under parents roof if she doesn't want to. Ultimatums were marry this 22 yr old _ or get abortion _ or stay with ex...

In South Dakota do you have to have your parents consent? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live with my dad and my step-mom. I recently got kicked out of my apartment. I moved out in February, and I lived in an independent living program, called Stepping Stones. Well, I didn't come home one night, and I got kicked out. My dad called me in as a runaway, and my brother found out...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.