Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kolson789 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2011, 08:25 AM
    Could use some guidance
    Hello. I'm writing because I feel like I have no where else to turn. I feel like nobody believes me. I feel like there's nobody I can talk to about this. When I was a little kid I had my first "experience". My sister and I were asleep in our bedroom when something woke me up. I saw something peeking around the corner of the doorway. It wasn't human. It had a really creepy face like almost like a troll. I tried to tell my mom and she told me "oh Kim, it's just your imagination". It may have been the first thing I've ever experienced but it definitely was not the last. Growing up I have seen many many things. Dogs running around, people looking at me or just going about their business. When I was young my mom never supported me in this. She always laughed at me and told me to stop making things up. After a while it was just something I got use to. Don't get me wrong, for some time I thought I may be crazy but quickly dismissed that idea when things just seemed so vivid and just so... Real to me. There was also a time that I would try to ignore it and make myself stop seeing and hearing things that "weren't there". I've been to doctors and psychiatrists, none of them have found anything wrong with me. I've never found anyone that could help me control or make sense of the things I see and hear. The other day I saw something I've never seen before. I saw a dark mist. I don't know what that means or what it was. I know it scared me. I wish I had someone to talk to that could give me some direction. I know you're busy and don't have time for someone like me, but if you could maybe give me an email address or a name of someone that has some experience with this it would be more than greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you help,
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Oct 12, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Kolson789

Welcome to this beautiful site, first!

Believe what your mother said, "oh Kim, it's just your imagination." She said years back, what all the world will tell you, all the medicos, hypnotherapists, psychatrists and experts put together. But still, if you see some hypnotherapist, he/she may help you somewhat in getting rid of this problem.

But believe me, never go for IT HAPPENED, but for how to deal with it, as it is in your mind. It has NO physical existence.
    dkdiddyk Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2011, 09:12 AM
    I suggest seeing a hypnotherapist they will look into your mind and see what's REALLY going on up there :)

Oct 12, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Great, you people think I'm crazy too...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 12, 2011, 12:59 PM
    Have you been keeping a diary of what's been going on? How old are you? Are you on any medications?

Do you have any religious beliefs?

Oct 12, 2011, 06:45 PM
    I haven't been keeping a diary. I am 37 years old. I am not and haven't been on any type of medication except for antibiotics for a UTI about 6 years back. I want to explain it's not only seeing and hearing things. A lot of it is also a kind of feeling that is very difficult to explain. I was raised Catholic but haven't been a practicing Catholic in many many years. Right now I have no "real" relationship with any higher power.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Hypnotherapist is a great idea. It does not mean anybody thinks you are crazy. The one great way of looking into and remembering what happened and to go into details of what is going on is the greatest step made here.

Whether your practicing or not. Does not matter. You can have connection with a higher power without being involved in a denomination or religion.

Also have you ever heard of meditation. Meditation is a personal way of practicing of just being still. After some time you will learn about lots of things through your own journey with meditation which will open your mind to a lot of truths about your experiences.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 13, 2011, 07:12 PM
    Might I add meditation in the sense that most everyone thinks of it is a way of closing down and opening up your mind. Not a good situation for you to do right now. Of course medical science is not going to be able to detect a problem... we're talking about the area of spirit here... something that CANNOT be measured or detected if it doesn't want to be. Kolson, I very much believe you. Is it just you in your family that has had odd experiences or possibly has your sister as well? Seeing these things, for example the "mist", does not MEAN something. It is simply a manifestation of a spirit entity. They can appear as mist, full body apparitions, orbs... there are many ways they can appear and make their presence known... but it is all the same spirit. Where did you see this dark mist and what exactly did it do?
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Actually meditation will give the op a control of these situations as well. Meditation is a great tool and there are many kinds out there. This is a perfect tool to practice and learn and just right for the op.

Oct 13, 2011, 07:31 PM
    Yes, there are many different kinds of meditation. However, the first one someone is going to shoot for in most cases is "transcendental meditation"... something that I believe is dangerous for a person dealing with a spiritual problem. This is something to take very seriously. Meditation was designed for opening oneself up to spiritual forces. It's roots are religious... the problem with the western world is we don't seem to notice the roots of a lot of what we practice and embrace. However that is your advice and you are free to give it... just as I am free to add my little disclaimer to it. I mean no real dispute, only the spiritual safety of the OP. Hypnosis and meditation are something I just think is too dangerous for the OP to deal in.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
    Yes we are all entitled to our advice. Hauntinghelper, how is hypnosis dangerous. If done by a professional. Yes meditation has its spiritual routes but there are many meditations out there that are completely safe.

It is good that you are cautious and that you think it is dangerous but with the right guidance and help it might not be as dangerous as you think.

As you said the OP, will not be able to get medical science to detect a problem or I should add it might be unlikely but that is where unconventional ideas and practices might need to come into play here.

Oct 14, 2011, 05:44 AM
    The mist didn't really "do" anything. It formed and kind of disappeared into the corner of the room. I've seen apparitions and orbs but the feeling behind the mist had a different feeling behind it. I've seen apparitions and have felt a sense of being lost, a sense of wanting to be around people, sometimes, this might be hard to explain, I get almost like an old movie being played almost like snapshots. Memories that I know are not mine. Things I know I have never experienced places I know I've never been. That's weird enough. Now that I talk about it more it sounds like I am nuts. With the mist the feeling was just ugliness. A feeling of I was so mad about... something. What I'd like to get out of this is, I want the feelings to stop. I don't know why this happens. I don't want to be able to see or feel other peoples memories. I don't want to see apparitions. I want to learn how to turn it off, whatever "it" is. If for some reason I can't stop I'd like to learn how to deal with it and learn why this happened to me. The rest of my life is in order. I have a great job, a great husband, no kids but I love my cats, wonderful friends. This is the only part of my life I just don't understand. So, should I be checking myself into a mental institute or in some bizarre way is this all okay? By the way, I'd meditate if I knew how. Is it just sitting and thinking or do I have to do something?
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2011, 03:44 PM
    I will give you guidelines on how to bring yourself to meditation and how to practice just give me a little time. No need to check into a mental institute. Your not crazy. You have sensitivities to things that are around. Now you need to be able to turn it off.

So will give you some techniques to try out. It will take time, it will take practice but guarantee it will help.

Oct 14, 2011, 05:42 PM
    Thank you so much! I'm open to anything you think I need to do. Just a question though. What about the, spirits, people, ghosts that I hear and feel? Will they just find another person to communicate with? I don't want them to be alone.

Oct 15, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Might I ask how meditation is going to control spiritual phenomena?

Oct 15, 2011, 04:11 PM
    I have no idea. I don't really know anything about meditation. I guess I'll find out though. I might have another idea. I was talking to a friend of mine about what I was experiencing and she told me to try using a ouija board. I always thought that ouija boards dealt with negative energy but she said it could be a way of communicating with the... I don't know, spirits? She brought her board over tonight so I was going to give it a try tomorrow night. Not sure what I'm doing but hopefully it works. We'll see :-)Still open to meditation too. Going to wait for JoeCanada to get back to me. If you (hauntinghelper) have any other ideas I'd be more than happy to listen. Thank you

Oct 15, 2011, 04:26 PM
    I also wanted to mention that I did a bit of research and found a spiritualist church. I'll be attending services tomorrow night as well. I'm a little nervous about that. Not sure what to expect.

Oct 16, 2011, 11:34 AM
    I might suggest you are barking up the wrong tree(s). Of course it is all up to you what you decide to do... but getting involved with spiritists and experimenting with a Ouija board is not what you want to do. If you are willing to go to a spiritualist church... can I recommend going to an actual Christian church for help? You yourself said you were open to anything... if you're willing to try these others things, will you try reaching for help from a church that has experience in dealing with what you are experiencing? Again, of course it is your decision to make... I am offering an option to you that I personally know works. Best of luck to you.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
    Ouija board is a major mistake. Your opening up things that you might not be able to close and will cause you a lot more worse problems then your dealing with now. I agree about barking up the wrong tree.

Will send you the information by the end of today on how to get started on your meditation journey.

Hope you make some very important decisions. That will calm these things down instead of opening yourself to more problems and more anxiety.
    AllOne Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Ok Kim - this type of thinking "I know you're busy and don't have time for someone like me" has got to stop. You are deserving of help and you are asking so here goes. You have a gift many people envy. You can see into other dimensions. That's pretty amazing and it's your creation. You can learn to be in charge of this ability or at least understand it a little better. It feels hurtful when parents don't believe and ridicule what children see and hear. BUT that's a sign that you didn't really want to believe it either. Your mother was just mirroring what you were feeling inside. Let's move on from that childhood experience now and put that where it belongs - on the shelf.

Onto the present. Lots of people experience what you do. If you can get up the courage next time you see something - talk to it. Ask it why it's showing itself to you - see what you get. Practice this and also remember that YOU are in charge of this ability. You call the shots - tell them to leave if you want - with confidence, not the attitude you had writing your question. Low self esteem is a place for some energies to play. Stay strong and in charge. It's YOUR life. Make it unique. You already have a great start!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for some guidance [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a 2000 f-350 with a 7.3l engine and an automatic transmission. I am looking to chip it for better fuel mileage and power and I am looking for some advice on which programmers are the best for this truck. Any suggestions?

Need some guidance [ 2 Answers ]

I want to write up a basic philosophy about how I want to live my life. I want it touch on pretty much every aspect necessary. I feel that by doing so, I will be putting a lot of thought into things that I've basically just done out of habit and conditioning for years. I don't intend to...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Im having a troubled time and would appreciate some guidance on the career and romance fronts. My dob is 5 jun 74 and my initials are K P Thanks for your time.

View more questions Search