Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakoisme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 08:34 PM
    Router connection keeps droping into local access only and is very slow
    I had a dgnd3300 wirelss router for about 2 years, it worked fine up until a couple of days ago where it would only connect with local access and no internet, tried reseting and starting from scratch, did a virus, rootkit, spyware and what not check on all computers using the router (2 desktop pc's and a notebook) all came up clean, decided to just buy another router (same model) it all installed fine, connected to the net straight away but at a really low speed (connection is 25mb adsl) it took 20seconds to load the login page for Facebook, after about 1 minute pages fail to load but still work if you click reload or refresh a couple of times, but after 4 to 5 minutes the connection drops to local only, all the cables, filter and power supply have been changed, the lights on the router are green (dsl line detected, power and internet) the internet light constantly flickers but doesn't go red when the computers go into local only it just seems to flash red for a second every 5 minutes or when downloading (strangley it will stream from YouTube without a problem even in local access only, I have tried everything I can think of, reseting, every combination of setting on the router, moving the router, changing channels, also the router only works in WEP security, and other type just completely blocks the router and it has to be reset, and plugging any system into the router via the yellow cable just gets the local access within seconds, any help would be very appriciated. I have knowledge of computer systems but I've never learnt networking. Also I'm on AOL and have put the correct login in, contacted them and they just wanted me to buy a router from them, then they wanted my bank details so there more useless than a one legged high jumper.

Check out some similar questions!

Local Area Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am Yatin, Whenever I go to local area connection and on it the optios "Sent and Received" keeps on moving faster. I Don't know what to do.And also when I go sites which I enabled http: it comes that this is encrypted.And also the connection is slow. Please help.

Local Connection only [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is back with another problem. Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden She can connect to her router, but its saying Local connection only. She tried connecting to a public hotspot and got the same problem. Background: the network in her residence has two wireless routers....

Wireless Router Connected but "Local" Access to Internet Only [ 1 Answers ]

I recently relocated where I had to change ISP. I am also recently divorced and my ex husband had the key to our Lynksis router, so I used an old verizon wireless to connect.. at the time my ISP was Time Warner, they're not available in my area and I am now using Comcast. Anyhow, I called tech...

Local area connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently restore my PC system, I have a webstar dpc2100 modem, It was connected before my PC crash, but now I cannot get connected to internet and local area connection is missing, How can setup again this to connect to inetrnet? thanks in advance for your help. :)

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.