Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wallflower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Utility expense accrual
    How are utility expense accruals recognized? Or are they not recognized as accruals at all, just expenses when paid?:confused:
    Joselo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 02:24 AM
    You HAVE to accrue for utility costs, and one way to do so is to historically coem to an approximate figure i.e.. look at the previous 6-3 months and average it and post it as an estimate figure on the books.

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accrual Accounting Questions [ 2 Answers ]

My answers are in bold, would someone check me on this. Question 1 Accrued revenues would appear on the balance sheet as: assets Liabilities Capital Prepaid expenses Question 2

Accrual reporting [ 1 Answers ]

Alpha retailers accrues sales returns for reporting to shareholders. Over 2001, its balance of Reserve for returns decreased by $10,000. The IRS allows a deduction only for actual returns. There are no other differences between tax and income reporting. The tax rate is 30%. In 2001 these facts will...

Cash vs. Accrual [ 2 Answers ]

Please explain the difference on how revenues are recorded into the books of a cash basis organization and how on an accrual based organization. Please explain the steps you would take to convert a cash-bash organization’s financial statements to accrual basis.

Cash to accrual journal entries [ 0 Answers ]

What are the journal entries used when you convert from an accrual to a cash accounting method? And what is the theory behind these journal entries? Thanks, Michael

View more questions Search