Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elrp2 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2004, 03:54 AM
    Rebellion
    It started when I was about 15/16, I just started to argue about everything with everyone if I disagreed with what they were saying. I had strong opinions forming and I would stand up for what I believed in. As I got older I understood people would always have conflicting views and respected that but still had strong opinions myself. I started wearing different clothes to everyone else and just didn't want to be like anyone, and I still don't.

Now I'm 17 and I thought that it would calm down a bit as I got older and I wouldn't want to rebel so much but it's got worse. I like who I am and don't want to change myself but this constant urge to rebel against everything is getting too much. I got some trainers about a year ago and I love them but now there's a few people at college who have them so I went and got some different ones just because I didn't want to be even slightly the same as anyone.

No one really questions it and just let me get on with it but I wish people would understand the way I think a bit more. I've got a boyfriend and lots of great friends around me but sometimes I feel quite alone because no one understands the way I think, or why I do things, or think the things I do.

Does anyone know why I keep having these urges to rebel and be different from everyone? I thought it could be part of growing up but it's getting ridiculous!
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2004, 06:49 AM
    Sweetie your just like every other "normal teenager" out there. You might think that your "rebelling" but you just conform to the all around every day "normal teenager" who thinks that they are rebellious but in fact just searching for their idenity. In time you will grow up and out of your "rebellious" faze everyone does.

Oct 20, 2004, 08:44 AM
    If I was like every teenager out there then why does no one act in the same why I do? And why doesn't anyone understand anything I think or do?
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2004, 09:34 AM
    If it makes you feel any better your completely normal and the feelings that your experiencing are completely normal for someone your age. You're a young teenager and your not going to know what you want or need exactly in life right now. There are some people who do know what they want or need exactly in life at your age and that's okay too. I'm telling you, you ask most adults if they knew what they wanted or needed when they were 17 and I'm sure most of them will say that they really didn't quite know yet. Your feeling of wanting to rebell is normal at your age. You are searching for yourself and searching for an idenity that is of your own. Your at, I guess you could say a "trial and error" or "experimental" time in your life. You want to be yourself and no body else and that's where this feeling of wanting to rebell is coming from. People do understand you and people do understand your ways of thinking and feeling. Maybe not the people you surround yourself with or the people that you talk with in your everyday life. But I'm telling you, I'm sure that the people you talk with in your every day life at some point or another have thought and felt the same way as you. Your young sweetie, this is your time to search for yourself. Search for what makes your happy and search for what you want. As you grow older and mature out your thoughts and feelings will not be as indecisive and ambivalent.

Oct 21, 2004, 01:52 PM
    Thanks a lot for your advice.

In the meantime my friends are just going to have to put up with me being against the world and everything in it, haha.

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search