Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjyoung Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
    Need a good uhf vhf antenna for the West Virginia mountains
    I have a wingard now that used to get 5 or 7 channels hit or miss, lately I have only been getting 2, there are so many antennas claiming to be the best, any suggestions ?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2011, 04:00 PM
    This Winegard antenna is highly rated among consumers on Amazon.com, and it is designed to be used on a vehicle:

If it something you are already using, and getting poor performance, then you may need to go with a traditional array like this RadioShack antenna, which has been rated almost 5 stars by owners:

Depending on your elevation and line of site obstructions, if possible, you may want to consider using a mast to get a higher profile for the antenna.

Thank you for asking your question here, and let us know if this helps you.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 06:16 PM
    The second link provided by Cliff is at the smaller range(distance and price)
    This a very good Wineguard:
    Winegard HD8200U Heavy Duty Platinum VHF/UHF/FM HDTV Antenna (HD-8200U) from Solid Signal Antennas&sku=
    The smaller may be desirable if wind is a problem. If still going for maximum Signal, you can use 2 identical of the Nice antennas and "Stack" them.
    You can do wonders with a cheap antenna and height. Height is very important.
    When you are watching a station and unplug the preamp, it should drop to "snow". This verifies several things.
    If you Don't use a preamp, use twinlead and standoffs, not just the pole, but roof eves, side of house or anything, twinlead is more efficient than coax, but signal is easily sucked out laying next too ground or conductive materials.
    A rotor can also do wonders.
    You may want to check a couple of sites, I believe Antennaweb or Antennafool, maybe .org.
    Enter your location and it will tell of local stations.
    Come back if you need help.
    tjyoung Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the info... however the dish network made me a deal I could not turn down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default on land contract West Virginia [ 3 Answers ]

Land contract purchaser was sent a default letter listing defaults and amounts to cure and date due. This was sent certified with signature required. Cure was not met and I was ask to work with them until their money came in on a certain date and I agreed, still have nothing. I did not see...

VHF rods on antenna [ 3 Answers ]

I have an outdoor medium directional TV antenna that someone gave me who didn't want it; The VHF "terminals" or "rods"... whatever you call them, can be made to stick straight out, OR in an arrow shape. My question is, which way will give me better signal? Does either way affect distance? Thanks.

Best fm antenna for mountains [ 4 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could recommend a better FM antenna setup in upstate newyork catskill region.. I recently thought I upgraded by purchasing a new (made in china) iPod docking fm am radio boom box.. in fact I purchased two for the outdoors.. I discovered that both of these later design fm radio...

View more questions Search