Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocketman9836 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
    Honda civic lx 2002 where is the ignition control module?
    2002 civic lx runs great for about ten minutes goes down road like a bat out of hell then shuts down to limp accelerator pedal to the floor but it only will go 5mph can't make it up even the slightest incline... any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 01:25 PM
    You don't have one in that engine.

. Check for codes--you may need to replace the Camshaft Position Sensor or the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

. Replace the spark plugs (NGK only) if they have not been changed in three years.
    rocketman9836 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 01:34 PM
    No codes will show up when my guy hooks it up plugs new... where are the two sensors u talk about ty
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 01:38 PM
    The Camshaft Position Sensor is on the side of the head--should be no problem. However, the Crankshaft Position Sensor is likely a pain. It may require removing the crank pulley bolt, pulley, and timing belt cover to get to it.

Try replacing the Camshaft Position Sensor on you own--it should be simple. Coat the O-ring with engine oil, prior to installation. If you go aftermarket, I would buy a BWD sensor, with a lifetime warranty, from Advance Auto Parts. Without any codes being thrown, however, this may not be the problem. If you have it serviced, I would take it to Honda.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symptoms of ignition control module failure honda civic [ 24 Answers ]

Hi. My 1990 Honda Civic DX, A/T, 149K miles starts fine and seems to be idling fine. Problem is after about 10 minutes of driving the engine will stall as I'm driving down the road. The CEL does come on, and I coast to a stop. It will then start after about 5/15 minutes later and run fine....

Honda civic si 1993 where is ignition switch module [ 1 Answers ]

Car started fine in morning, sat about 2 hours, went to start it and no fire to engine. I can hear fuel pump run and all lights come on. Took starter off and had it tested, passed... took battery out and had it tested... passed. Checked with meter where cable comes from battery to starter motor and...

Lost ignition key 2002 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the only key to my Honda civic. The door was open but we cannot start the car. The dealer wants $ 250.00 to come get my car and make me a new key. I know I'm dumb but is there a better way? :( Thank You, James

1990 Honda Civic Ex Ignition Module Location [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find mine as I think it's causeing my problems but I'm unable to locate it. Anyone know how to find it. Thanks

View more questions Search