Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keywood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 06:19 AM
    Nissan micra 2000 faults?
    I can here a intermittent ratter ling noise when I acerlerate but not when I am going at a constant speed.I believe the engine is using slightly more fuel.The car has done 98,000 miles and it is a automatic Nissan w reg
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 06:26 AM
    The noise may be engine knock. Higher octane gas will likely eliminate the noise. If that solves the problem, a cheaper long-term solution may be to install colder running NGK spark plugs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Nissan Micra Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My sister has a 2000 plate Nissan Micra with the following fault. Several times over the last few months, it has just cut out whilst driving, she also thinks that every time the air bag warning light may also have been flashing. When she tries to restart the car with the key then it...

1986 nissan Micra broken timing belt [ 1 Answers ]

My 1986 Micra 120,000 km has a broken timing belt. My mechanic told me it will about $200 to replace this, however, he won't know if the valves would be damaged until he opens up. My question is would the valves be damaged and if so how much would that cost approx. if any idea. Also, prior to this...

Nissan micra fault ? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has a nissan micra 1.2s (2003 reg ). The car engine runs o/k but has the following problems. 1-Occasionly the car engine cuts out whilst driving but restarts and drives o/k. 2-On cold starting the car the excelerator has to be pumped and revs held for a while on starting.

View more questions Search