Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trj0676 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 09:07 PM
    Do I have the right to sue both insurance company?
    My kids was riding in a car with someone and another car had hit them I want to sue both insurance but the car my kids was in there insurance said I can't sue them is that right
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2011, 03:30 AM
    You haven't provided us with enough information on this accident to give you an answer. Was anyone injured in the car your children were in? Why do you want to sue?

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2011, 03:48 AM
    Why do you want to sue? Did you file a claim against the carrier?
    trj0676 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 06:38 AM
    Yes, my kids were injured. All received medical treatment, for pain and suffering. The car that my kids were in was not at fault. Can I still file a claim against the driver that my kids were riding in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2011, 07:12 AM
    If you had medical bills as a result of the accident, then you file a claim with both carriers for reimbursement. Only if you don't get reimbursement do you start a suit.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 07:38 AM
    You have to file against both drivers if your children were passengers.

Are you dealing with an insurance company?

An insurance company cannot tell you you can't sue. You can sue anybody any time you want. It's winning that's the problem.

Your children were passengers - they cannot be found at fault.

Consult with an Attorney if you don't understand the process.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 11, 2011, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trj0676 View Post
    Yes, my kids were injured. All received medical treatment, for pain and suffering. The car that my kids were in was not at fault. Can i still file a claim against the driver that my kids were riding in?
    Was there some expense for which you didn't receive complete compensation? You cannot expect to receive more than you are out (double recovery). And you would sue the insured parties, not their insurance carriers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can insurance sue me? [ 4 Answers ]

My father passed recently. He deeded me our home (where he also lived) a few years ago, but never switched the insurance into my name. Before he passed, he had a new roof placed on the home. I was told if insurance finds out that "I" was the home-owner, they could ask for the money back for the...

Can someone's private insurance sue,after my insurance settled with rentals insurer? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a accident in 2006 in California and I was at-fault. Woman at a red light turning right began to merge as she had plenty of time and space. She then stopped for some reason, as I began to attempt to merge looking over my left shoulder and saw a still safe opening I started to go and...

Does my insurance company have to pay for damages to a car with no insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was at fault for a car accident, however the other person had no insurance. In the state of Indiana you must have insurance. My question is does my insurance have to pay the other person damages? Also can I report this person to police department for false information on a legal report...

Not at fault, but no insurance, can I sue [ 7 Answers ]

I was in an accident in Ca. I was stopped at a 4 way stop, as it was my turn to go the person to my right did not stop and ran into me, the stop sign was down so he claims he didn't see it. Either way, I didn't have insurance, he had no insurance and a suspended licence, my car was totaled. I am...

Can you sue/mediate house insurance company? [ 11 Answers ]

If you have a claim with your insurance company and they deny it for faulty materials, even though the materials wasn't cause of the damage it was something else that they will cover, to I have any recourse? I feel pretty hopeless... :(

View more questions Search