Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RyanF123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 06:48 PM
    I'm in love with my friends ex. I also feel extremely depressed.
    It all started Junior year. My friend used me to get to this girl. Now, this girl isn't like any other. She was perfect. She liked Harry Potter, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, The Legend of Zelda. All the things a nerdy kid like me would like in a girl. Now, this girl isn't like any other. She's amazing. No, she's outstandingly amazing, incredibly beautiful, and always has a smile on her face.

My friend wanted to ask her to prom so he basically used my Harry Potter knowledge to try and get to her.. which in the end, screwed me over. As time went on, we all went to prom and everything was fine... Until my friend dumped her a month later. Now, this girl is different. I just recently found out that she sends mixed signals to people because she's always so cheerful. The day after they broke up she came to me... we talked on Facebook for a legitimate 4 hours straight. I found out we liked all the same movies, TV shows, and all these other common interests. As time went on she started to explain her life, family, etc. I was falling in lover with her. I was in love with her amazing personality and it took a friend of mine to break up with her for me to figure out that what I was searching for was in front of me the whole time.

I chatted with her for about 3 weeks straight. I felt as if she started developing feelings towards me but was actually just venting, as I later found out. I really started to fall in love. As time went on, she told me to apply to a job which also happened to be her job as well. We would smile at each other when bussing tables, she would take me home every once and awhile. I felt like this friendship would go somewhere.

Then everything stopped. The week after I got the job she stopped. She stopped texting, chatting on Facebook, she even started to act differently around me. I found out recently this was because my friend and her had started talking again. This was probably the worst news I had heard it a very long time. The girl I thought would be the "one" was going back out with her ex. But that's not all... I also found out that she still had feelings for him. Her personality is so amazing that she is nice to everyone and I received mixed signals from her. I really really thought she was the one... but it all came down one day. I've never felt this upset and depressed before. I had also never been happier.

Basically, now her and my friend are talking again. I talked to my friend about it, but all that seemed to make the situation worse. I really thought he'd understand. He also told me that the "Spark" between them was gone and that's why he broke up with her. He said he didn't feel the same way anymore... then he surprises me with him telling me they've been talking for the passed two weeks.

Nothing good ever happens to me, then when I thought I met the girl of my dreams everything crashed down on me. I feel like a total failure.
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Oct 11, 2011, 01:47 PM
    You are at an age where what you look for in a girl is limited to Harry Potter, Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon and "cuteness." So it was only normal that you fell for her, or so you thought.

You got it, she is nice to everyone, she needed someone to talk to and you were there. Your friend says the "spark" is gone, it could mean they will split, but even then she might not be interested in you.

There are 6,6 billion Harry Potter fans in the world. Do you think she is "the one"?
    spiritessence Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2011, 08:47 PM
    U pretty much let him take her, coming from a female you took too long to tell her how you really felt about her so you pretty much let her go, but its never too late to expess yourself to her, I'm sure shell understand and probably didn't even know you felt that way. If you really love her you would fight for her and won't stop 4 nothing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2011, 11:31 AM
    You wanted a chance and thought you had one, but probably didn't. Maybe you mistook her cheerful nature as a chance for romance, and was just friendship. Maybe you are afraid now that you know your friend is talking to her again.

Actually you have been assuming and presuming instead of asking what you really feel, and getting the truth of the matter, instead of what's in your head.

All you have to do is ask, and go from there. At least you will know, and not have to wonder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel very depressed [ 1 Answers ]

I feel very depressed because my wife is suffering from a mental disorder SCHIZOPHRENIA for last 7 yr I trying to give her best treatment but all in vain so now this is unbearable for me to treat her I cannot leave her because of 11 yr daughter

I feel extremely sad and I don't know what abour [ 2 Answers ]

I feel extremely sad and upset a lot and often cry myself to sleep but o can't seem to think of anything that wrong in my life what is this?? Its disturbing me and I feel very tired at school?

I feel depressed [ 3 Answers ]

I feel so down and irritated for about the past 3 months. I feel worthless at many points of the day. In the morning I can't get out of bed hardly. Yet at night I cannot fall asleep/ stay asleep. Im getting migraines more severe and more often and my stomach is just a mess. Im constantly having an...

Why do I feel so depressed? [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like some help with a few things, I don't know if I might be depressed or have some sort of other mental illness. I deal with my dad's overly constant verbal and mental abuse, I've talked to someone who said that they could be trusted but shunned me away saying that my dad treated me fine when...

View more questions Search