Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siaso Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Should I break up with my girlfriend?
    Hello people I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for a year now and the problem is we couldn't see each other. Since we started our relationship every time we try to go out, something bad happens, and I am always available, but she is busy. And she stopped trying for like 6 months or more, and I don't have her phone number yet. She wants to give to me when we go out.

Our only way to talk is on the msn and there is no progress made in our relationship except we became pretty close to each other also whenever there is a holiday or any type of an opportunity for us to go out she goes out with her best friend, or her family, and now I am thinking of breaking up with her.

She is also my first girlfriend. Oh and I really like her, and she feels the same, but I don't know if I should wait any longer? Please help with your advice.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2011, 01:16 PM
    It doesn't sound like the 2 of you are together anyway.

I would just stop contacting her and see if she pursues you , if she doesn't you will know she's not as interested as you think she is , that will save you the pain of having to break up as well.

If she does you can tell her how you feel , and let her know if this is going to work she will have to work at it.

Good luck!
    K9_51 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2011, 01:53 PM
    Now doing that is just plain disrespectful friend4u178 if you do that to a girl she will never forgive you. You need to confront her about your relationship the next time you get a chance to talk. Find out if she is serious about the relationship and she is get her to make time for you at least one night a week. You don't need to see each other every day you don't even need to talk everyday but you still need to see her otherwise the spark could be lost.

Oct 10, 2011, 02:28 PM
    I broke up with her and she is crying its damn painful :'( I am so hurt. I hate to see her cry I really hate it.

Thanks guys for all of the advice :(
    Orca2040 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
    You shouldn't have broken up with her, tell her you're dreadfully sorry and don't want to break up, just cause you can't find time to be with her doesn't mean you shouldn't be togeather, I'm in a similar situation but would never want to lose my girl for that reason
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2011, 11:49 PM
    Glad you told her that this isn't working. Good man.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 12:16 AM
    I agree with others. It did not sound like much of a relationship in the first place. You did the right thing. You ended it. It obviously was no good and was going no where.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 18, 2011, 12:58 PM
    How old are you both? Is on line the only way you see each other? Is this how you met? Have you ever seen each other in person?

Oct 22, 2011, 07:11 AM
    @talaniman yea we used to take classes together and I really liked her and then she went to the university a year early and we could not see each other since then we could only talk online and then we decided to start a relationship and as I said we couldn't see each other at all
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
    That happens when situations and events get in the way. But since it didn't work which also happens, then you ended it and now must let go and move on. You both do.

Its so easy to become attached, and so hard to let go. Its sucks for you both, but that's what has to be done because obviously too much has gotten in the way, and you both had different priorities, and it just didn't work out.

Now leave her alone, no checking up, or trying to reconnect for now. Sure it will suck, but it will get better, and sanity will return.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2011, 04:50 PM
    Its way better having someone that's right next to you, anyway.

Not far away.

Sometimes it all about the right time. This never truly got off the ground. That's OK. There will be others.

Put this out of your head. Its not worth your effort.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Yeah, break up with her, what's the point?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend needs a break, wants to be my girlfriend again, but feels she can't. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, A month ago I found out my GF lied to me about a picture she sent me around the time we started talking online, almost 2 years ago. Since then we started dating in the real world and the picture never came up again. Until I found out through a friend she wasn't the girl in the picture. ...

I think my girlfriend wants to break up [ 6 Answers ]

I'm new to this site so I really don't know where to start... I'm a 15 year old boy, I have been dating my girlfriend for 7months and 22days now. She is my first girlfriend as I'm her third boyfriend. I spoil her a lot, I'm the only boyfriend who has been approved by her family members. I love her...

My Girlfriend Wants A Break [ 20 Answers ]

Look, I've been with my girlfriend for about a year and two months now. We live 30 minutes away and have always had a strong loving relationship. She has been extremely busy for the past few months with two jobs and softball. She recently told me that she wants a break but she's not even sure of...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

Girlfriend Wants Break! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently been reviewing all the postings about breaking up and stuff and I feel that they were helpful except I have a little bit different of a situation. 2 weeks ago I sensed that something wasn't right in our relationship and my g-friend seemed to loose interest in me. She has...

View more questions Search