Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballerina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 08:18 AM
    92 eg4 honda civic 1.5 vti
    Hi I am having troubles getting my engine to idle every time I touch the throttle then release it, it dies
    :confused:
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 09:09 AM
    1. Ensure the general ignition system is in good shape; i.e. spark plugs, rotor, distributor cap, igniter, coil, and spark plug wires.
    2. Set idle rpm and check timing. See sections C and D below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219948

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda civic 4 door sedan dx. I just replaced the rotor and distributor cap and now the car won't start. First I checked multiple times to be sure I had the firing order correct. I then read the thread written by CroCivic91 and checked my ECU codes. I got a 10 and 16. The 16 sounds...

98 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

My Heating system doesn't work at all... nothing lights up in the heating instrument... what could the problem be?? If it is the heater really where would that relay be? Also I just bought the vehicle could it be that the heater instrument isn't connected since nothing lights up?

91 honda civic lx- Help [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I need to get my car working in less than a week cause I start college next Monday. I read the help thread and tried problem solving it myself but still no luck. The car would hard start for a month and then it would not start for days. I would pump the gas while turing over the key and it...

Honda Civic Dx [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering what the size of speakers are in the front are rear on a honda civic dx 1991

View more questions Search