Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyjakematt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Ohio unemployment on seasonal position?
    My husband is in a Seasonal Merchandiser position. He took this job in March, when the boss told him it would end in August. No problem. It's now the middle of October, and he's still there... HOWEVER! His hours are less than 10 a week, maybe 3 days a week. So, ONE-- is it worth it for him to stay there and do this to himself? And TWO-- can he collect Unemployment on what was originally a seasonal position? He'll probably ride it out.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 10, 2011, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjakematt View Post
    ... His hours are less than 10 a week, maybe 3 days a week. So, ONE-- is it worth it for him to stay there and do this to himself? ...
    Do what to himself? Put up with the agrivation of going to work? Sure, at least until a better job comes along. That is assuming that 3 1/3 hours a day is more than the expense of transportation to and from work. And (see my answer to your next question dealing with unemployment insurance benefits), applying for unemployment benefits would depend upon his accepting all available work.

Quote Originally Posted by andyjakematt View Post
    ... And TWO-- can he collect Unemployment on what was originally a seasonal position? He'll probably ride it out.
    Normally, yes. Even if it' a seasonal layoff, if one is working only part time, one is entitled to some amount of unemployment. Check with the UI agency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left a job to care for a parent , working seasonal can I file unemployment? [ 3 Answers ]

I had to leave my job of 3 1/2 years in may 2010 to care for my parent in another state. Of course I didn't file for unemployment because I left my position. Forward five months , I will start working at home as a seasonal worker, will I be able to file for unemployment when this job ends?

How do I resume unemployment benefits if I take a seasonal job for 3 months only? [ 5 Answers ]

I began drawing unemployment the middle of June 2009. I'm considering applying for a seasonal job lasting three months only. I know my initial claim will discontinue once beginning a new job. My question is, once I'm laid off from the new job, do I refile a claim and continue drawing from my...

Unemployment in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

I am receiving unemployment in the amount of $300.00 per week. If I take a job making 7.60 an hour (this is only part time work), will I receive the difference in unemployment?

Ohio unemployment [ 3 Answers ]

I am working at a new and used car dealership in Ohio and we recently found out that we will be losing are new car lines "pontiac/cadillac" and the question I have is can I collect unemployment if I quit due to the ability to sell new cars. I can not sell the cars that I used to beable to, the...

View more questions Search