Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NgangL28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 06:02 AM
    Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing ro
    Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing routers and not changing plans
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 10, 2011, 06:05 AM
    Sure you can.
    Once the connection enters your house it is up to YOU what you do with it.

Making a wired connection wireless is possible with additional hardware, i.e. a wireless access point.
    Of course if the router is owned by you then a replacement is easy to source.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wired router to wireless? [ 25 Answers ]

Hey everyone I have a wired router Netgear DG834 v3. I have my xbox and my computer plugged into this. However, I am purchasing a laptop and was wondering if there was anything I can buy to make this router wireless so I can use my laptop around the house?I don't want to purchase a new router...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Changing from a Sagem ADSL Modem to a Wireless Speedtouch DSL Router [ 1 Answers ]

I am running windows XP SP3 using a Sagem ADSL modem.I now wish to run with a wireless Speedtouch DSL and eventually network a laptop. My problem starts when I try to load the software for the router.A popup box tells me the software is not compatible with SP3 and I am led to believe that once...

File sharing through wifi router between lappy with PCMCIA wireless -B and wired(eth) PC [ 2 Answers ]

HI Can I network my laptop (with external PCMCIA wireless B controler ) and hard wired PC both running XP SP2 and connected to same wifi router (beetel 450bxi adsl). I use ehernet for PC and wifi card for laptop to connect to internet using the same router mentioned above. I want to share files...

Will my router change to wireless [ 8 Answers ]

I currently have a bt voyager 220v ADSL voice router on my home PC. I was thinking about buying a wireless g router so I can get internet through my laptop. Will it work this way?

View more questions Search