Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dirty_Harry202 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 01:48 AM
    2007 outlook not sending
    I'm having a problem with outlook 2007,an outside person will email a person in the office,the person will then email me,I need to respond to the outside person so I click on the link with that mailto hyperlink to get the email address.I respond and send the email but it keeps on bouncing back,its happening to a lot of email links lately.Is it a setting on my side?it can't be the outside persons email account otherwise they wouldn't have been able to send the email in the first place.

Any ideas where I can look at settings etc?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 10, 2011, 01:51 AM
    Any error messages being received ?
    They are always a good place to start.

Have you tried mailing your own personal external account ?
    Good way to check external connectivity..

Oct 11, 2011, 05:13 AM
    I have emailed a few external accounts and it works,its only selected ones tha don't work,very weird.
    The error messages that read when its says message undelivered are either the inbox is too full or it just says it wasn't delivered.The funny thing is that the inbox only has about 50 messages.I have attached the 2 failed messages that show.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: txt error msg1.txt (301 Bytes, 112 views)
  2. File Type: txt error msg2.txt (296 Bytes, 98 views)
    BossMan

Oct 11, 2011, 05:17 AM
    Well the first error message indicates that the person is no longer on that address.
    Could be a simple spelling issue or it's been deleted.

The second, assuming it only has very little messages in it and is below it's allocated space, would indicate a corrupted mail box. This would need repairing.

Oct 11, 2011, 05:21 AM
    I was getting to the conclusion of a corrupt mailbox.

I understand what you saying about the mailbox not existing but an email was sent from that email address,then that email obviously has the address in it so I just copy and paste.

How would I go about repairing the mailbox?

But if the mailbox is corrupt,will it not then not work at all as opposed to working with selscted mail addresses?

Oct 12, 2011, 04:15 AM
    Any idea what I can do or look at?

Oct 14, 2011, 01:09 AM
    How can I go about repairing the mailbox?
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2011, 01:31 AM
    You'll need to use the Office Diagnostics tool.
    There's details here: How to Fix Microsoft Office Problems with MS Office Diagnostics

Sorry I can't be of much more help, but I work with Lotus Notes and not exchange e-mail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Errror sending emails through Outlook [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I take my laptop to a different location, I have trouble sending email through Outlook 2007, getting an error stating cannot connect to the servor. I have the port settings set at 110 and 25.

Ms outlook, not sending [ 1 Answers ]

I have a plus.yahoo smtp accout to access ms outlook 2003 on my laptop. I can receive emails, but I cannot send. When Outlook is open, the ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD pop up window appears every 60 seconds. I have not changed any passwords in Windows, server, email, anything. When I try to send emails,...

Sending Faxes from MS Outlook and the Fax Console [ 3 Answers ]

I can send a fax cover page (no attachment) from the MS XP Fax Console and select the recipient from the Address Book. Works great. When I try to send from Outlook it always dials "1" before the Area Code which isn't acceptable to "some parts" of Area Code 503. Stupid phone company! OTOH,...

Outlook - Sending Pictures [ 1 Answers ]

I trying to forward an email with pictures in the body. However, when I save the email and try to send it, the pictures are removed and a box with a red X appears in the upper left hand corner. I'm sending it in html format.

Sending email with outlook through router [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my computer is connected through a netgear MR814-v3 router. I started using Microsoft outlook on my computer and I have outlook on my wireless pda. I can receive mail but I can not send mail using outlook. (I can send mail using Yahoo and other e-mail account just not through outlook).on my...

View more questions Search