Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzwright Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Rat Terrier is sick
    My rat terrier is not well, a yesterday she at some dog food she usually does not eat and now she is pooping blood and seems to be constipated... I need some suggetions since I really can't afford another vet bill... :confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 08:26 AM
    mzwright, I was hoping labman would field this question because I noticed him online this morning but I guess he didn't have the time.

It is not wise to switch up food with a dog. You have to introduce it, mixed with the old food, over a week period or so, always "upping" a small amount of new food and lowering the amount of old food each time you feed. Switching immediately can cause many gastric problems for a dog.

I wish I could diagnose the problem online, but I can't. Without examining the stool or your dog, there is just no way to tell what is wrong with her. I know how expensive vets are. It is very frustrating, believe me. But, since your baby had blood in her poop and now, seems to be constipated, you really need to take her to the vet. Blood in stool is a very serious issue.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 08:54 AM
    A sudden switch in food can cause problems, but not blood in the stool. That is a serious problem, and needs the attention of a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worst rat of anyone's life! Need HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Soooo... Recently I had brain surgery and when I woke up from the anesthesia my hair (which is down to butt) was in this horrendous rat. I can't even fit a finger through it it's so tight. Anyway now that the situation has been explained, do any of you know any good hair solutions for this...

Boston terrier [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old boston terrier. He has blood in his poop. Is this something I should be worried about ? I call the v et and she said it's probably OK.

Rat Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All! I live in a condominium village where all the units are connected. The units are individually owned and my mother and I live in two separate units side by side. Today my dogs discovered rats inside the under belly of my electric grill. The grill has been covered with a black grill...

View more questions Search