Ask
    krisbala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Discovery of Plasma
    Who discovered plasma please?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 05:39 AM
    That would be the very first human that saw a lightning bolt.

If you mean who identified and named it, and "harnessed" it, there is more information about it than you will ever need at Plasma (physics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This state of matter was first identified in a discharge tube (or Crookes tube), and so described by Sir William Crookes in 1879 (he called it "radiant matter")[1]. The nature of the Crookes tube "cathode ray" matter was subsequently identified by British physicist Sir J.J. Thomson in 1897[2], and dubbed "plasma" by Irving Langmuir in 1928 [3], perhaps because it reminded him of a blood plasma.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Origin and discovery of the jackfruit [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for (archäological) informations about the origin of the jackfruit (how long it already exists) and when an by whom it has been discovered and brought to Europe.

Christian Discovery [ 3 Answers ]

Do You Have Nay Subject Of New Discovery Regarding Christian Discovery Or Any Proof Of The Bible Artificats?

Help With Discovery Request [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I posted my situation yesterday... You can follow it. Anyway I was sued two days I requested validation of debt. The attorney sent me something that was not validation (just an itemized bill) and now I'v read that I have to do a discovery. I have seen a sample letter but don't know if its...

Plasma TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have brand new condo which has a brand new 50" LG plasma wall mounted TV. Cableman came to hook up cable but I can only get 12 TV channels. I tried plugging in another TV at same jack and that TV got all 78 channels so it probably not cable connection but in TV. On input menu it was set to...

View more questions Search