Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjcderuchia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 08:47 AM
    Wrongfully evicted in New Hampshire for money supposedly not paid but has been paid
    Owner wants me evicted for not paying 452.00 but I paid it, sent sheriff to apartment with a letter telling me to go to court, I talked to manager of apartments told them that I already paid the money she said I didn't have to go to court. Now yesterday in the mail I get a letter saying that because I did not go to court I have until Tuesday 10/11/11 to leave the premises and that there is a writ of possession. HELP

I paid the money, manger said I didn't have to go to court, now they are telling me to leave. I have paid the money plus this months rent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2011, 10:55 AM
    NEVER ignore a summons to court. You should have gone to the court with your proof of payment.

Now you need to either try to reopen the case so you can submit your proof of payment or get the manager to get the owner to dismiss. When the manager told you it was OK, you should have asked for a dismissal of the complaint.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 11:32 AM
    You have to get to the court the minute they open (if they're not open tomorrow then first thing Tuesday morning) and tell the clerk you want to make a motion to vacate the default judgment because the apartment manager told you that you didn't have to go to court since the money had been paid. Then the court will assign a new trial date.

Never trust the other side. If you have a notice to appear in court, you appear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 03:56 PM
    Agree with Lisa, you need to be at the courthouse, the min they open, be waiting at the door.

Lesson learned, never ever ignore a summons esp if the person telling you is the person that has the law suit against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be evicted from key home if I paid my back rent and only owe for the current mo [ 4 Answers ]

I went to court one August 21 for July and prorated September rent up until the 21 of September. As of today date (10/09/10), I have paid all of my back rent and only owe for October. Can I be evicted for the current month without a court order? I am in the state of Va and this is what my apt staff...

Being evicted after you have paid [ 1 Answers ]

I have been staying with a friend and he has been having problems with his landlord.. He got a evection notice, went to court and the judge said that if he paid the money owed (which he had but they would not take it) and the court cost, he would be able to stay. He did all of that and paid it on...

I paid taxes for 2007, now have amended refund, what about money I paid [ 1 Answers ]

I paid $4000 with taxes for 2007, now have amended refund of $5300. Should I received back money with an original return I paid?

I was suppose to get paid Thursday December 24, 2009 and still have not been paid. [ 5 Answers ]

My employer was suppose to pay me last Thursday, we were not paid. What are my rights?

Being evicted but I paid rent [ 2 Answers ]

My lanlord is taking me to court to evicte me for August rent but she filled the eviction papers on July 19th. I'm wondering if she is able to do that. I paid all of julys rent but late and also paid the late fee, today when I got the eviction papers they are for 400 dollars more than my rent even...

View more questions Search