Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newfiebella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 09:09 PM
    Budgies nestbox
    I want to breed my budgies I have a little bird house to go inside the cage but I was wondering does it have to be completely dark in there or can it have see through sides ?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 04:08 PM
    I've never seen a nesting box with clear sides, therefore I would be inclined to think that they are solid except for the entrance for good reason.
    Perhaps to keep it cool for the chicks, or to provide privacy for the parents.
    Nesting boxes usually always have a top or back that you can open to observe and clean.
    Here is a link to some more valuable information.
    Exhibition Budgerigars: Selection and Setting up of Breeding Pairs
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
    I had lovebirds - their nesting box had blinds on the top. I could see in and light could go into the box. I would "guess" it's the same with parakeets. For that matter they'll lay and hatch their eggs on the floor of the cage, in open view.

Here's another very good site - Breeding Budgies / Parakeets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I put my budgies cage inside [ 7 Answers ]

Where do I put my budgies cage inside , do I put it in the window so it can see some outside activity?

Determining sex and taming budgies [ 2 Answers ]

I have two budgies. One is the standard yellow head with green body and black markings on feathers. The other is a white with a very faded light yellow/green and grey on the feathers and black eyes. It mostly looks white and grey. I will refer to them as green and white. Green is very quiet and...

Pet budgies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.I'm new here.Anyway,my bird Sprite is constantly putting her right foot up in her feathers.She has been doing this for a week and a half now.I know that this isn't normal,I looked at her foot and she bite me.Is this some kind of injury that I am missing?

BUDGIES... Albino or Lutino... [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello I breed budgies. And last year my budgies had an albino chick. But then I was doing some research because even though the baby was albino with RED EYES. It has yellow feathers... So then I was told that this was a lutino budgies. So my question is is my budgie an albino or lutino.....

Budgies and steroids? [ 1 Answers ]

My budgie 4 yrs of age has chronic liver disease with all the associated problems of that (gut probs etc) and scratching round vent lots. The vet now says that the last resort for him to make him comfortable would be steroid injections... has anyone heard of this and if they have what results have...

View more questions Search