Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clioclassic Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Getting rid of the red tones
    Aaarrrrhhhh... Can anyone help me -
    I have used a 44/65 Wella Koleston Perfect on my hair and the colour is (was) fab - I am getting bored now thou and want to get rid of the red tones in the /65... What colour can I use to nutrulise the vibrant red tones in my hair... I have a rootage of abou 1 1/2 inches and it is looking terrible - I am going on holiday in 2 weeks and don't want to go away with rootage but then don't want to go away with hair that is damaged and low in porosity either... can anyone help me...
    Mandie

Feb 5, 2007, 12:50 PM
    What if I just use pure Ash tone - there is one in the wella line which is used for adding to other colours -
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 5, 2007, 04:36 PM
    You will need to use a "green-base" ash hair color to neutralize the red tones. Be sure to choose a shade that's close to your own hair color.

Feb 6, 2007, 05:18 AM
    What numbers on wella is "green-based" - the 44/65 is a intense dark brown with the intense damson... My own colour is around a 5 or 6 - Are you in UK or USA - ?

Feb 6, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Also the 44 is a double base... so it really hard to lift the red and then lift the double base too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of red marks on my face? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello to all, I would like to seek your help because I have few pimples on my face but it was already healed. The problem now, it had left a red marks on my face and I noticed it never faded out. How can I cure it? Is there any creams that can fade out red marks without peeling? I am from the...

How do I get rid of IE^? [ 9 Answers ]

Am running win XP and Have downloaded Mozilla .9! I want to use that and not IE6. How do I get rid of Ie6 so I won't be vulnerable to its security leaks? :P

How can I get rid of someone? [ 13 Answers ]

I met this girl a while back in a college class and after my girlfriend and I split I asked this other girl out. I pretty much used her as a rebound but she is also in a similar situation having just gotten out of a long relationship. I do not want to hurt her feelings but I also do not want to...

Getting Rid of the toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I want to get rid of the toilet in my detached studio apartment because I am converting it to be a garage. Can I convert a sewer drain (toilet drain) to a floor drain? Thanks in advance

Red, Red, Forever? [ 1 Answers ]

I have colored my hair red for a few years now (all shades). Right now it is deep mahogany red. I would like to go dark blonde or light brown. I have tried some ash colors and the roots would have course change, but from the middle down (very red). Should I strip this? The very ends of my hair...

View more questions Search