Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milehighcy Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2011, 02:57 PM
    American Standard furnace will not light
    I have an American Standard furnace with an automatic ignition that will not light. I have done the steps of shut off power, turn off thermostat, turn gas control switch to OFF then everything back on but it still won't ignite. I checked at the gas control switch with a meter and there is no power but I'm not sure when it should have power. The panel says that the indicator light should be blinking slow for Normal Not Calling for Heat and blinking fast for Normal Calling for Heat. It blinks in about 1 second intervals whether the thermostat is On or Off. Not sure what to do next. Any advise?
    milehighcy Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2011, 03:04 PM
    I should also add that the fan blows and the air conditioning works just fine. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but does tell me that the thermostat works OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American standard furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have an American Standard Freedom 80 Single Stage downflow gas furnace, Model #DD060C936F. I noticed it is blowing cold air after a power failure, the error light blinks 4 times. I opened the panel I saw the ignitor lit but burner won't come on. After a week it's working pefectly fine for a...

American standard furnace thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Ijust purchased a new furnace, an American standard with Intell Ignition control (50A65-476). I am only using it as a furnace, no heat pump or air. The old furnace used a two wire thermostat. The new control has twin-Y-W-R-G-C. Which do I need and which if any need to be jumped to use the furnace.

Rewire older American Standard furnace. [ 2 Answers ]

The man next door had his home heating system updated and saved the old gas furnace to use in his shop. I have helped him run the gas line to the furnace and done all of the venting. It's an older American Standard furnace that's in really good shape with no heat exchanger issues,the motor is...

Wiring humidifier to American Standard furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Standard freedom 90 comfort R furnace model AUY080R9V3W5 which is a high efficiency 2 stage with dc motor. An Aprilaire 550 humidfier is hooked up to it. The humidifier only comes on if the furnace is on stage 1. It stays off if it kicks into stage 2. The thermostat is a top of...

View more questions Search