Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angrich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Bill from prior boss
    This past May I was fired from my dental receptionist job after 13 years of service because of cut-backs. Prior to the firing, my husband had dental work in March and was told the cost of his treatment would be only hardware costs, approximately $800.00. Also, our office has/had a policy that employees, spouses, children only had to pay for hardware or any lab fees only. My husband asked the dentist the fee for the two implants and the reply he got from the dentist was about $800.00 just for the I am no longer working for this office and we received a bill for $3500.00 (full price of the two implants). The other thing is my husband and the doctor have bartered jobs back and fourth. My husband has kept up his end of the bargain. We have no problem with $800.00 but $3500.00 is a little excessive. I sent a letter stating all this to the office and today received another bill with interest and 90 days deliquent typed on it. Please give me your opinion on this. Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2011, 10:43 AM
    Was the work completed prior to your layoff (firing implies cause, not just cutbacks)? Do you have anything in writing about the cost or about the policy for charging employees and family?
    Angrich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Yes, this phase of his treatment was completed. The doctor made a verbal agreement with my husband and myself as to the amount and there were witnesses (co-workers). There was not a treatment plan made from the doctor and as far aa a written office policy, no there are not any. It was always understood that hardware and or lab fees were payable, in my case, by employee and spouse.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2011, 02:01 PM
    So you send the doctor a letter stating that. You can add that you believe you can prove your case if it comes to court.

Did you pay the $800? If not, then sned them a check for that amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A former boss talking dirt to a new boss [ 3 Answers ]

Good Evening, So, I worked for a jewelry store for a few months before relocating to another location to finish college. After I moved, I applied at a competator's company in at a mall store. At my former job, my manager and I did NOT get along. She would constantly change the schedule without...

Filed bankruptcy in 2005,bill included but was garnished in 2009 pd bill in full [ 5 Answers ]

I had a vehicle that was repossed in 2004-2005. The vehicle was sold in their auction, leaving a balance(amount unknown). I received a letter in 2005 stating I owe $4999 plus 25% per annum. My employer received a wage levy for this same bill stating I owe $9366.00. My wages were garnished and...

Sorry, Bill, I'd rather kiss my new boss! [ 3 Answers ]

This is just too funny. The more I see it, the funnier it gets. http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&view=att&th=1215e7accae0fcbd&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search