Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dellicate Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Night light went out last night
    Can a night light cause a circuit breaker to trip? The strange thing is the breaker that tripped had nothing to do with this outlit..? Well I changed the bulb and I also had to press the night light together because it got loose.

Any way, is it the night light causing the problem or do you think the outlit wires are crossed or something?

Thanks
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2011, 05:07 PM
    If the outlet with the night light still had power after the breaker popped off, then the problem is not with that outlet.

Turn the breaker that popped off and check to see what outlets and /or lights are off.Check the wires at these units to make sure they are secure.

If any of the outlets are wired into the push mounts, move wire to the screws. The speed mounts(push mounts) can be loose or the wire could be broke.

Let us know if this helps. If not we can go on fromm there.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I had sex last night and I didn't bleed though out the night. I got up this morning an [ 3 Answers ]

I had sex last night and I didn't bleed though out the night. I got up this morning and I was fine, 1 hr later ii started to bleed, and its still going. There was also 2 small chunks of skin or something that looked like it and it was covered in blood as well... should I be worried ?

Dashboard, taillight and parking light/night light [ 2 Answers ]

Honda Accord 94: My dashboard, taillight and parking light/night light are not coming on. I have changed the fuse what else could be wrong. Note that the headlight which is controlled by the same switch comes on.

View more questions Search