Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdmgcer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 08:59 PM
    Girl friend kissed a girl - with a twist to it all
    Ok so the internet is littered with question "My girl friend kissed another girl is it cheating or not"

I have the same question but with a twist...

My girlfriend of 6 months had a girls night at a friends house drinking and kissed her best friend and another woman there... But the reason she did it was because her friends boyfriend asked his girlfriend (my gf's friend) to do a girl on girl kiss and send him a picture.

I see it this way... As if the kissing 2 of women without me being present or consulting me about it 1st was bad enough, kissing another woman to send a picture to another guy is crossing the line big time! My girlfriend is playing it down saying she did nothing wrong, it was all just a bit of silly drunk fun and I'm being stupid.

What are the opinions of everyone reading this?
    sunbeamrunner Posts: 42, Reputation: 8

Oct 8, 2011, 04:05 AM
    It's a hard one to call as you obviously have strong opinions about it yourself. I have drunkenly kissed my girl friends on a night out before and it means nothing. It was just a bit of fun and was in a way a 'bonding' experience. So that act itself I would not find too big a deal.

The doing it for a friends boyfriend is a little out of line and in hindsight she maybe should not have done it. She was drunk, although I do not see being drunk as a valid excuse for peoples behaviour, her judgement on whether it was appropriate to do or not would have been hampered.

I think you have already made up your mind how you feel about this and you are looking for someone to back you up to say - yes it was out of order. I personally don't think it is as bad as you feel. The real question is are you going to punish her over this incident? Yes its important to express how it made you feel uncomfortable and hurt but you need to decide if you can move on from this or if you are going to hold it against her.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 8, 2011, 10:51 AM
    I would be more upset that she thought it was okay to be drunk and do stupid stuff, which is no excuse.

Then there is the matter of her being contrite, and sorry to upset you. If she is not, you better talk and set some boundaries you both can agree on.

How long have you been together? How did you find out? Both of these questions have a bearing on what you do about her behavior. Either way its something you deal with through calm, and honest communications to decide if this behavior is a deal breaker or not.

Personally I don't approve of this type of drunken fun, and would wonder where she draws the line at whats appropriate, and whats not. Thats something I would find out quick!
    slico79 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2011, 08:06 AM
    If this is the first time she did it then tell her you didn't like it. Ask her not to do it again then let the issue go. Believe me, there are a lot more worse things that could happen in a relationship than "just a bit of silly drunk fun".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girl friend kissed another girl [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, so.. last Friday my girlfriend (Of 6 months) Admitted to kissing another girl, She doesn't know how, it just happened, it is threatening our relationship. She has showed no signs of being lesbian or bi. It wasn't a kiss on the cheek or anything like that, it was a full blown out of the...

I kissed my best friend,who is a girl,as am I,and we're not gay [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 15 and I spent the night at my best friends house last night.she is my all time best friend because she's always there to help me and listen to me.well as it got later I had a really bad anxiety attack and started crying,so she hugged me,then when I was okay again,we laid down to got to...

View more questions Search