Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maari1k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Federal / State Tax - for NR in H1B with Family in H4
    I am in H1B and came to US on Sept 10th 2006. My wife and son are on H4 and they came to US on Nov 4th 2006. I have to file for Federal as well as 2 State taxes (NJ, OH).

NJ - 09/10/2006 till 10/08/2006
    OH - 10/08/2006 till 12/31/2006 (I am currently staying)

1. Please let me know my filing status and whether Resident or Non-Resident. What are the relevant forms I should fill up inorder to file my federal and state taxes
    2. Do my wife and son eligbile to apply for ITIN number as they came only on Nov 4th 2006.

Regards
    Maari K
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 5, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Maari K:

I have already answered this question via e-mail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal return collected by state for state liability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my...

Federal or state taxes on inheritance money [ 6 Answers ]

:) Hi, My father recently passed away and left 50,000 dollars to shared by 4 of his children,The lump sum is to go to my brother and he is to distribute it equally,He say's about 33% has to go to federal and state taxes,We live in Ohio,can you tell me if that is true? :eek: Thanks so much...

Federal Tax for H1B holder in the first 3 years [ 3 Answers ]

I heard there will be no federal tax for H1B holders for the first 3 years. Is it true?

Tax Return NY State J1 to H1B. Resident or not? [ 1 Answers ]

In 2005 I worked for the same company. As an intern (J1) from January 1st 2005 to June the 15th As an Employee (H1B) from November 6th to December 31st 2005 I was back in France between September 9th to November 6th to get my H1B Visa. Should I file my tax as a resident or an Non...

Federal Wage information is missing in my W2. How can I pay my Federal tax? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Last year, I was working as F1 in OPT. As F1, I can exempt from society security tax and medicare tax. But the accounting company also exempted my Federal tax and told me that was the way to do it. I thought I could report my Federal tax later, so I let it go. But right now, I get my...

View more questions Search