Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linkup99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Foreclosure Avoidance
    My Mortgage company has not wanted to do a Loan Mod for me. I've been unemplyed for the past 17 months. I just finally got a p/t job two weeks ago. They said it was because of the lack of income. My question is this. What if I started paying them just the Principal amount of my total payment and no interest? Would they send the money back to me and not accept it? Or, if they did accept it. How long do you think it would be before they started Foreclosure proceedings on me? I have never been late on any payments to them by the way. But I have spent 90 percent of my Retirement funds to pay all my bills. I've been holding out up until now filing for Bankruptcy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2011, 04:17 PM
    If you make less than a full payment, they will either return it or wait until the receive a full payment before applying. Which means adding late charges.

How long before they start foreclosure is guesswork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avoidance or Anger is My Style [ 5 Answers ]

Like everyone else, I sometimes need help when it comes to dealing with raising a family. I have been married for 27 years and have 21 year old boy/girl twins. They are polar opposites. The problems that often arise if because my husband and I have different parenting styles. He is much...

Plumbing leak avoidance [ 4 Answers ]

How do I ensure that a brass to brass plumbing fitting will not leak? We've tried teflon tape and it doesn't work.

Double TAx avoidance agreement [ 1 Answers ]

My friend was getting a salary from USA, and he was staying in India and filing return properly in USA. I believe he has to pay taxes in india also. In US he was paying around 30%+ taxes, how much he has to pay in India. How we should do ? Did somebody can help me out for my friend ?

Avoidance vs. Acceptance [ 3 Answers ]

So I had a bad day today in school today. With my teachers doing virtually nothing the day before February vacation, I found myself with a lot of free time doing a lot of negative thinking. I had my first period class with my ex and I saw that he had written his plans with his girlfriend for the...

View more questions Search