Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LIZARDLADY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Quit claim deed
    My friends ex wife ,one month before his divorce was final flew to his mothers who is 85 and
    Without her knowledge to what she was doing had her put as the 2nd party of her own house on a new quit claim deed and had her son her husband for that one month before the divorce was final , put him as the owner and her as the owner, my quess is to shoow he owned it at the time of the divorce in order to collect half? How can he get his mother on the 1 party of the deed with him second and no ex wife leagally she deceived him and his mother.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 07:31 AM
    You wrote: without her knowlege to what she was doing had her put as the 2nd party of her own house on a new quit claim deed and had her son her husband for that one month before the divorce was final , put him as the owner and her as the owner

This sounds very strange! How could the exwife have put his name on the deed without your friend signing a new deed or letter? My advice would be to have your friend make an appointment with a real estate attorney in the same area where his mother lives. Both he and his mother should go to the attorney's office with all the paperwork -- original deed and any changes to the deed. Usually attorneys don't charge for an initial consultation. I am sure the attorney will be able to help them correct the paperwork, especially if his signature was forged by the ex. Please have him do this as soon as possible to avoid major ownership problems if anything happens to his mother.

I hope this helps.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Also, just signing a deed doesn't make it fully legal. If it wasn't recorded its not official. But this smacks of fraud.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 09:36 AM
    You are quite welcome Lizardlady. As Scottgem suggests this smacks of fraud. The soon to be ex could find herself charged with a serious crime if she forged your friend's signature. If she did anything illegal, the lawyer will tell your friend that if he asks. If she is that underhanded as to take advantage of an elderly lady, your friend and his mother should seriously consider pressing charges against her. Just my opinion.

Good luck to you and your friend! If you get a chance, let us know how it turns out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit claim deed [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a home in Ohio with my now ex fiancé. During our split up I signed a quit claim deed. I signed this (while listening to him and his grandmother) thinking it takes me off the loan too. Come to find out I am still financially responsible for the payments on the house. Do I have any...

Quit Claim Deed [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in Fl. My mother had a Living Trust, in Fl as well. In the trust it clearly states that I am to receive her house. She passed away in June. I filed the Quit Claim Deed that came with the Living Trust. The county mailed back the appropriate paperwork. The house is now in the name of...

I am in a bind. In 2004 purchased a house (with money for a down payment from my ex-boyfriend as a gift). We have never lived in the property together; he is a real estate investor. Our original idea was to flip this house that he originally purchased in foreclosure. After three months without a...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

Hello: I have a myriad of financial issues at this point in time. I have about 65k of unsecured debt. I have no assets with equity in them. My home is fully mortaged with no equity. I am falling behind on my unsecured debts and I am worried that they will file a lien on my home residence. ...

View more questions Search