Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crockagator Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 02:21 PM
    Family Medical Leave Wrongful Termination
    I was employed by InterFace Flooring Company in West Point, Ga. I was with the company for about 5 years when I became ill and had to go on Family Medical Leave. After 2 months of being on intermittent Family Medical Leave, I was terminated. I thought the Family Medical Leave protected me from being terminated. Can someone educate me on this issue?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 6, 2011, 04:19 PM
    When you were terminated what cause was stated. FMLA Wrongful Termination - Avvo.com
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2011, 07:03 PM
    The word intermittent I believe may be the key. Did you request leave each time you had to be out, how many times did you go on leave and return to work, and then go back out on leave. The leave is normally based for long term absence till you are well enough to return to work full time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you lose your job while on family medical leave? [ 1 Answers ]

I filled out the fmla papers late as i was un-aware of them but they are filled out now and sent in my job wants me to come back to work five weeks before my dr release if i don't come back early they will fire me help

Wrongful termination [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am 20 years old and was employed at a company for almost 2 years. I was shot while on my day off in both legs and could not walk. I spoke with my supervisor and he said I could take the time off that was needed and to keep him updated on my healing process. I called him at the end of my...

Wrongful termination [ 2 Answers ]

I was terminated after 1 month of employment without any explanation as to why, without any information on my benefits of which they took over $350 out of my last paycheck, and without a final paycheck. I was told I had to wait a week for it. I have personal opinions as to why I was fired, but...

Wrongful Termination [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been terminated from my employment with a local sports bar. It has been in my opinion a hostlile environment for a few months when I was written up out of the blue for allegedly not doing my job (general manager). The first write up was mostly my alleged incompetence to communicate...

Wrongful termination [ 7 Answers ]

Im trying to find out if I have a case for wrongful termination. A year ago in July I was falsely accused of a felony crime which went to court an was dropped. In Aug after learing about my arrest my principal calld me for a meeting to ask what had happened. At the time I told him the whole...

View more questions Search