Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvendrell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 01:22 PM
    Wind Loads
    My name is Jorge F. Vendrell from American Agencies in Puerto Rico,my question is the following:

We are engage in a re-construction of a school which has a new multipurpose building in steel. The builing will be use for sports and social events in which more than 300 people will be congregate in one area. The building is close but is not intended for shelter.

Considering wind loads on ASCE 7-05 in an even of a hurricane there will be no people in the building, can I consider category II for wind only in lieu of III and III is seismic?

I will appreciate your prompt response.

Check out some similar questions!

Wind Loads using ASCE 7-05 [ 2 Answers ]

How do you calculate wind loads using ASCE 7-05 for the following structure? A monoslope roof over an open structure. Height = 10', width = 5', length = 100' Lets say wind speed = 90 MPH, Exposure "B". The problem comes with the h / L value. In this case it is 2.0 which falls outside of...

Wind Loads on Beach Houses at wind speeds of 130mph [ 4 Answers ]

How to I find the wind load for speeds at 130 mph?

Wind Loads [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to calculate the wind load on a wooden fence? I have used 12 foot 4 x 4 pressure treated posts set in 4 feet of concrete spaced 8 feet apart. The concrete was poured in a 12 inch in diameter concrete tube. I used a strong concrete mix in the ratio 3:2:2. I want to use...

Convert 107 kph wind velocity to wind pressure [ 1 Answers ]

For design & construction of bridge

Vy base shear from wind loads [ 0 Answers ]

What is the most efficient method to calculate MWFRS Vy base shear forces due to wind loads?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.