Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NOT777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 12:20 PM
    I think I like my best friend. But I'm straight... maybe... help?
    I am a 17 year old girl and I think I might just be starting to have feelings for my best friend. We're so close but she's not into girls. I know this cause another one of my friends before me used to have a crush on her. Way before I even considered that I might like her (two years to be exact). I just don't know whether it's cause we've been friends for so long and I'm confusing it with liking her but I'm always wanting to say how cute she is (and not in a 'Oh isn't that bag so cute?' way) I also love looking in her eyes, they're so green (usually I go for blue eyes so even that is different for me) and I've wanted to kiss her at some point even. Also I don't like not seeing her for days on end. I've never had feelings for girls before in my life and I think it might be now that I'm much more open even than I was to the idea of being Bi that this is starting to come out. But the problem like I said is that she ISN'T Bi (Ok fine I wasn't either until that long ago but... ) and yet she does things like touch my face sometimes when she goes past and plays with my hair and likes sending so much time with me (It actually gets to the point when I have to get away and have a night to myself and I'm supposed to be the one that likes her) And she's said things like 'If I was a guy we probably would be going out' or 'If I was into girls you would definitely turn my head' sure she's said them in a kind of joking way but still... When I think about it... I get so upset cause then I think 'Well... what if I was a guy or you were a guy?. Would you really go out with me then?. Is that the only problem you have with it?' I'm actually so confused right now. I feel like I'm getting mixed signals from her plus the fact that I'm not sure of my own feels but... I don't want to risk our friendship over it... we've been best friends for so long and I don't want her to freak out thinking 'Oh God another one of my friends says she likes me' plus... I have no idea what I'm doing... ANY nice comments or opinions would be very, very appreciated. Thanks x
    lilbigirlbrit Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 09:42 AM
    Ok. So that is a long question, but honestly I know that I am bi. Although I've never had sex all the way with a girl, besides when I was experimenting in 7th grade because I wasn't sure. I've had feelings for girls that are straight, but they never really knew. But if you feel you can trust her and she'll still be friends with you no matter what then it might be OK to talk to her about it. And tell her that you are kind of getting mixed signals, and you just want to clear it up. It might be best to ask her straight up. A lot of people don't really come out of the closet for along time because of fears of what other people will think or do. But don't accuse her of being someone she's not just ask her to be sure. See how that will work out. But do it when no one else is around, and when you are ready.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like my straight friend, what can I do about it? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out my friend. He's a "straight" man. I met him at 16 years of age through the friend I am currently living with. I moved from chicago to Indiana at 16, I am turning 18 soon. This guy is 24. He is absolutely without a doubt a funny, charming, sexy guy. I don't see...

Is my friend Gay, Bi or Straight? [ 16 Answers ]

Okay, here's the brief outline. I've had a crush on one of my friends for a long time and being openly gay myself, I had no problem with flirting with him (seeing as he is single). The other night, I took him back to my flat (I was drunk, he wasn't) and one thing led to another and we ended up...

How to get my straight friend to notice me [ 40 Answers ]

Where to start... I am Bi but my friend thinks I am fully straight, I only know him a matter of months and already I have fallen head over heals for him! So much so it is effecting my daily life. To add to the comfusion... everyone around me thinks he is Gay and coming onto me, I I see things...

In love with a straight friend [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay man in my early twenties and I recently fell in love for the first time with a friend of mine who is probably straight. He looks totally straight, seems interested in women and has a long-term relationship with a woman. On the other hand, he is very often saying gay jokes and innuendoes...

View more questions Search